- Amazon Salary for Senior Innovation and Design Engineer Posting for a friend. My friend recently received an offer from Amazon for Sr Innovation and Design Engr position. Does anyone know what is the salary range for this position(base and total comp).. Also is there any room for negotiation when Amazon hires for experienced roles?
- vote Most innovation: Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google, Microsoft? Which of the big tech is the best if I want to work on new innovation as an engineer?
- Is the lack of strong PM culture at Facebook and Google the driver of almost no innovation relative to Amazon? Google and Facebook are heavily engineering led with PM having minimal impact. Amazon has a much stronger product manager & customer culture.
- Amazon hate.. millennials want it too easy! Amazon is a great company to work for. Across the board great innovation and good amount of ownership on tech and non tech side. The culture is a bit aggressive but if you survive you basically are an asset for most companies in the world. I have heard way too many people complain about lack of per
- which new companies can reach the scale of Google/Microsoft/Apple/Amazon/Facebook in today's day and age? looking at how snap is crushed by Facebook and Google being sued in EU, Amazon buying whole foods tanking all retailers, it looks like tech giants will never allow any kind of competition to grow. how will we see the innovation beyond these walled garden
- Amazon PM Does amazon hire recent CS graduate as PMs? I am a product and innovation driven person and I think I will perform better as a PM than SWE. Also let me know if any other companies are open to hiring recent CS grads as PM except FB, Google.
- What makes Netflix a FANG? Seriously though. What is it that makes Netflix be considered a FANG? Is it the pay? The working culture? The innovation (really?)? Free food/perks? I barely see posts talking about interviews and salaries for netflix. When i look at google, amazon, and facebook (and even microsoft and apple) I se
- What kind of process improvement does Amazon expect a SDM L6/L7 to have done in their previous companies? I am asking this question because, software development process is already standardized and there is very little scope for process innovation. If you look at all the examples of Amazon process improvements in the media, they are all on the business side. I am afraid that most of the improvements t
- Seattle PM Comp Tiers I gave it a shot. Thoughts on list below? What am I missing? Not getting specific comp levels for each, but thought this would be useful as a general guide. Tier 1 (A) Google Facebook Tier 1 (B) Amazon Microsoft (lvl 64+) Apple Uber Airbnb Oracle Lyft Salesforce eBay Hulu Twitter Dropbox Tableau
- Genuine question about Forbes 30 Under 30 On the 30 Under 30 Consumer Technology as an example, there are some people that were selected who are currently working as mid-level Product Managers at LinkedIn, Instagram, Airbnb, Amazon and Twitter. These people are certainly talented but they are simple tech employees who work at a big Corp, h
- How to answer questions about customers when I've never interacted with them, make something up? The product I'm on is fairly new so we don't have many customers, and so far any issue theyve encountered it looks like support has been able to handle. So when amazon asks their questions about LP customer obsession I'm not quite sure how to answer some of these like Using customer feedback to dr
- Bored and unmotivated to work. Need advice I work in an Amazon subsidiary. Reasons I am bored and unmotivated: 1. Mostly average engineers in the company. Some are plain dumb and yet being promoted, which says a lot about the management. 2. New SDE-2's being brought from outside while neglecting promotion of SDE-1's inside of the company
- Challenging problems to solve... when asked about the job First of all, I am not judging or criticizing at all. I am just trying to understand the reason why this is the most important criteria for many people. I can understand when people say they like the job because of good WLB, compensation, meaningful (ie make world better) or fun work or work enviro