- Why the US has a medieval immigration system Let’s face it, US’s immigration system is antiquated shit. H1B is lottery based due to which lot of employees from body shop companies end up getting visa though they make peanuts, while even FANG engineers don’t get it. Green card allocation process is even worse, it’s just an old school FIFO sch
- Uber most recent l5 comp Got an offer from Uber last week as l5. Base: 190k Initial equity: 16k (~$42 per share?) Cash bonus: 21k Refresher: ~100k. TC: ~315k if excludes initial equity Current TC: ~380k (E5 with continuously exceed rating) YOE: ml/ai PhD + 6 YOE Excluding initial equity, the Uber offer comp is obviously
- Comprehensive list of Twitter benefits -Free gourmet breakfast and lunch prepared in-house. I've eaten at almost all the tech companies in the Bay Area and Twitter's food is definitely one of the best. Only Dropbox and Linkedin are on the same level. But I think LinkedIn uses the same company so that's why. This is why I come into the of
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Is Uber compensation truly non negotiable? I received an offer from Uber which expires tomorrow in a non-tech role. It's on the lower side, and I was told 2-3 times already that all parts of the compensation (which includes no sign-on bonus) are non-negotiable due to their equity pay policy. My question is, is this true? Today I received on
- SADFANGLUST companies with SWE forced attrition We all know that Amazon has a forced attrition policy of cutting the bottom 6% of engineers, and that one of them attempted suicide recently. Which of the following companies have a similar policy of terminating a certain percentage of engineers in cycles, or once someone has been at a certain leve
- Car accident in Uber as a passenger (can anyone in uber help?) This is for my friend who was a passenger in Uber that had no insurance and got into accident. So he reported it to Uber but Uber is not getting back to him with real solution. Thank you. — I was in an Uber accident on Feb 22, 2018. I reported this to Uber via app, and was refunded for my ride and
- Uber Fair Pay Negotiation Expecting an offer from uber for a non-tech role. They’ve explained their fair pay policy and that there isn’t a ton of room for negotiation on salary, however I’m wondering if anyone knows if there is room to negotiate on the equity (or benefits) side? Or if I may be able to leverage another offer
- Uber paternity leave Does anyone know the parental leave policy at Uber? What is the best company for paternity leave ? Do people take more than 4 months in Netflix for paternity or they feel being let go?
- Uber/Lyft Driver Policy Question Looking into getting Uber/Lyft stocks. Trying to assess if driver pool has potential to grow or remain stagnant. Does anyone know the answer to this? https://www.ridesharingdriver.com/can-you-be-an-uber-driver-if-youre-not-a-us-citizen/
- Uber Parental Leave Policy? How much paid leave is available to new parents? If it's open-ended, how much time have you typically seen your coworkers take?
- Interviewing at Uber I am actively interviewing and would like to apply to more than one positions at Uber ( if possible)...Is there any policy which prevents it? Thanks..!!
- An insiders PoV at Uber. I've seen a flurry of posts recently which outline the decline of quality with regard to Uber and ride sharing in general. I wanted to drop a post here just to be heard. Let's begin: Uber simply does not care about the quality control aspect of the experience anymore, they understand how the wheel
- 'Return relocation bonus if leaving company before 12 months' enforcable Hi all, I joined a firm a few months back in Bay area, and was given flight tickets, accommodation for 15 days, Uber reimbursement etc what one would typically expect for a relocation. Company policy says I have to return all this relocation reimbursement if I leave before 12 months. Is this reall
- Entry level data science jobs My brother has a master's degree in data science with 9 months co-op experience as a data science intern working on computer vision ML. He's applied to bunch of roles online but I feel like it's hard to get his foot in the door. I've referred him to MS but we know how that shit show goes.. Any comp
- Parental leave policy at Stripe Hello, any stripe employees able to tell me what the paternity and maternity policy is at Stripe? Uber is 6 weeks for paternity, 17 for maternity. This seems to be about average for big tech, maybe a bit below. For example I used to work at Twitter and it is 20 weeks each there.
- Uber greencard? When does Uber start your greencard process for a non techic role. Is it dependent upon manager or is there a company policy around it
- Uber performance review Can someone share the Uber performance frequency, timing, and policy on new hires (such as too new to review)? My wife is trying to set a start date and would like to take this into consideration. Thanks in advance.
- Facebook Uber pool reimbursement policy I recently got offer from fb and someone during interview mentioned something about it. Could someone clarify on this. Offer is in Seattle office.
- Transfering jobs while waiting on I-751 Amazon lawyers helped me file I-751 in January. Im done with biometrics and now waiting on an interview. Right now USCIS are looking at cases from 15-21 month ago. So they probably will not look at my case till mid next year. Got an offer from Uber and asked them if they would provide a lawyer in t
- Outside consulting While working at uber can you do outside consulting work part time, say 10-15 hrs a week, mainly on weekends and weeknights? Is someone doing this ? Do you have to let manager know ? Is there company policy against this ?