- Amazon vs Google Hi, Amazon AWS vs Google Android ( team matching) . No TC conversation started yet. MS in CS Yeo: 4 Which company is best in terms of learning, experience ,TC , WLB, pros and cons? How to delay Amazon to Google timeline? Amazon seems very fast , google not fast as amazon. How to match both timel
- What are some untold general truths in Silicon Valley? - If you are gay, you’re probably a designer - If you have a IBM thinkpad, you probably work in finance or accounting (Same If you use the printer) - If you’re a bad engineer, you probably work in QA - If you dress badly, you’re probably a backend engineer - If you dress well, you’re probably an iOS
- vote Amazon vs Verily... What would you pick? So while I humble brag a little, let me tell you about this (awesome) problem that I have. Edit: I have 7 YOE as a design verification (HW) engineer. I recently signed an offer with Amazon to be an SDE 1 and working on ads. They said I'd be doing stuff like working on mockups/MVPs of Android apps
and industry lounge.
- Why are Google products such trash? Of the top of my head.. Google Play Music and YouTube Music are trash compared to Spotify. Android Auto is buggy as hell. For a tier 1 tech company attracting the best talent, I cannot comprehend why it's products are such trash.
- sick to death of 'progressive' fraud and aggression (women in tech) love women. love women in tech. hired and promoted many women at google in technical roles ... years before it became topic of discussion or fashionable groupthink obsession ... before training, c level diversity staff, or self loathing reports about how googlers are not right colors and genders etc
- Which infrastructure do you use for app which has 10M+ Users Hi All, I am working at mid size company and we have IOS and Android enterprise app which is used by 10M+ users ( app is similar to duo security/ send push notifications and bunch of small features) I wanted to know how big company like Facebook, Uber , Pinterest do their mobile app testing? What
- vote Holding tech execs accountable Should we start trying executives of powerful tech companies for crimes when they don't deliver? For example, Tim Cook has run Apple into the ground by not delivering a single innovative product since Steve Jobs died. Even worse, the company hasn't even kept par on industry standard functionality (l
- Companies that actually have relevant interviews? Android Engineer here. Finding out that every company I apply to asks the typical series of Leetcode-ish questions during interviews. While I could spend the next two months cranking away at Leetcode, I’d rather focus on work and personal projects. What companies actually ask relevant questions duri
- Should I accept this offer? I was just recently offered a position of Software Engineer with the Yahoo Mail team doing Android development in Kotlin in Sunnyvale, CA. And I’m slated to start in early January. Today is actually the last day for me to accept it as I was given the official offer two days ago and they said it expi
- vote Google is getting creepy. Was filling out HR forms for appraisals over the intranet in firefox recently, hadn't searched a thing in the process, and have never electronically mentioned anything on the topic except on Blind via Android. Today get Google News suggesting a job title focused article about how to deal with unfai
- Hiring Mobile Engineering Manager (Android) We are growing our Mobile team. So much so that we would love to add another manager. Company is 250+ and Engineering is close to 100. Great products and mission. DM if you fit the bill. Also looking for Android Devs for IC roles.
- Is this a good time to join SNAP? Keeping aside all culture issues, is this a good time to join the company as a finance person? How's the growth in general and especially on Android looking? The company seems to be betting big on Android and that's perhaps where the next wave of growth will come from. Trying to run away from one po
- Should I accept this offer? So I just came back from a conference where there was onsite hiring going on and I recently received an offer with a Big N (a dying and very bad Big N, you probably know which one). And I’ve actually had an onsite at this company earlier this year but didn’t get it bc the interviewer asked me a we
- looking for a referral I am actively looking for a refferal for following companies: Lyft. Airbnb. Google. Uber. Facebook. Apple. Twitter. If your company is looking for software engineer position, please refer me. I have 3 years of work experience in iOS/Android. Please help me!
- Need Refer for Android Developer position Hey Blinkers, For the past 1 year I have been working as Research Student and making Android App for a company in Oil and Refinery industry. And just complete my COOP(Internship), in an IOT based company, as an Android Developer, making app for VOIP calls, adding audio/video codecs. Is it possible
- 3 months in. How bad of an idea is it to move? I just joined Apple 3 months ago. The exact same role opened up at Google. I am not an apple guy but I took the job as I needed to move on from my previous company. And funny thing is I am an Android/Google guy. Apple culture is as bad as blind says and my comp isn't great (TC 185k including sign o
- Why is iTunes such a horrible piece of ... Every time I'm forced to use iTunes I want to switch over to the Android ecosystem. Horrible bloated, slow performance, complicated non discoverable UI. How can a company so renowned for design and UX manage to produce this junk?
- Starting off 2019 right - let’s make an app. Are you an iOS/react native/android dev? I’m a designer at amazon (Seattle) who sold my last company before coming here. Working on a new project with an ABC TV executive producer to disrupt Hollywood. Obviously will be a night/weekend side gig without any pay (until funding or revenue) but I’m lo
- Best companies to work for as an Android Engineer? I am not learning anything at my current company (app is too simple, rest of team is very junior), and was wondering what some great Android or mobile-centric companies are. I already know Square and Airbnb are top notch, but what are some others?
- Need a career advice I’m Android eng in my late 20s with ~6 years of experience and a couple more years with various stuff (almost never used anything of it in the last 6 years). I’ve been working in product dev all the time. I feel the type of tasks I have at my work now is pretty simple (just add a couple more button
- Facebook phone screen for mobile engineer I have 1 month to prep for a phone screen with Facebook. What's the best way to divide my time to focus on all important topics and also practice. I'd love to get insights from people who've prepared and cracked the FANG interview loop. Roughly 2.5 years of experience as a software engineer workin
- Android Developers needed in San Diego 3 senior level Android developers needed for a medical device company in San Diego. I personally work on the team and we basically have too many iOS developers and not enough android devs. Total comp around 150k, contract or full time positions available. Dm me and we'll figure out how to proceed, t
and industry lounge.
- what's should my salary be? I believe I am grossly underpaid at my current job. background: *e-commerce space since 2005 *IT professional *undergraduate in cybercrime/cyber security *full stack developer (LAMP and MEAN) *5 years Amazon vc and sc *5 years AdWords, analytics etc *7 years Android root/scripting my coworker who
- Feel like I'm stagnating and alone tl;dr - 10 months since hire date, still no one knows what exactly my role is going to be, still haven't learned a whole lot. It's driving me nuts and I don't know what I can do short of quitting since I still like the company, culture, and people, I just want someone to give a fuck about me. I p
- Switching roles even if it means looking outside AMZN? Before I joined Amazon I was writing automation code, APIs and sample Android apps for security, metrics, and quality assurance. Joining Amazon as a QAE was exciting because it's a huge company and during the interview they told me they had concrete plans to write automation. However, a few days aft
- Looking for full time Android remote job. Please help I have amazing programming skills and develops the app quickly I am looking for a full time remote Android app development job. Any leads? I lost my job because our company is shutting down.
- Looking to leave current job and get a couple of referrals (based in NYC) Hey blinders! I've started to look for a new job and have had phone interviews. My background has mostly been in startups as a Product Designer, so I've applied to startup companies. But I'm wondering how I stack up to bigger companies, their challenges, and really wanting to learn more from leadin
- What role if I want to go back to big Corp after building tech startup? Co-founded bootstrapped tech startup. Built iOS and Android native Apps, most of the web backend stack. Now at 20 employees. My experience is very broad and have had my hands in a very wide variety of technologies and stacks - since I built the company/products from ground up. 14+ years of Eng exper
- Why would an Android/iOS developer solely be an employee (or work for someone else)? For those Android/iOS developers who solely work for a company or for someone else: why wouldn’t you develop and put/market/sell your own apps on Play Store or Appstore?
- Want to apply to jobs in SF but have no degree. Hey guys. So I'm a lead Android engineer at a medical company. The job is okay, the pay is solid (100k/yr in Phoenix is definitely okay), but I'm both unsure of the company's leadership and unhappy living in Phoenix. Ideally, I'd love to make the pilgrimage to the Coast (SF, LA, even east coast NYC
- Joy of my Startup journey Have been working on a startup as a side project for last 3 months. I have a full time job and a kid. It's been a incredible journey for me so far. I had Lots of learnings. My progress so far : Have completed prototype of my app in android and iOS. Have completed the backend and did a soft launch o
- Interview Question So, at an Interview with a XXX company, about 2 years ago, I was posed with this question. What is a good strategy to achieve text-data compression with loss-less uncompression on either side of the Http.Post or Http.Get request and response? As in, basic bare bones compression so small that all of
- Any iOS and Android Devs for startup founders Hello Blind, I have been toying with an idea that I want to take mainstream. Any iOS and Android devs looking to start a company ? I’m in Seattle area
- Career Goals (What’s next?) I’m a senior iOS/Android engineer in my mid-twenties who’s been working at established startups (15-50 people) in a large Midwest city. I’m trying to figure out what I should be striving for in my career. What have you all done that’s been really rewarding? Some ideas I’m considering: 1. Stay on m
- Looking for an engineering crucible to forge myself into a better engineer Hi! I am a TVC at Google and spend my day writing code for an Android app and keeping backends/frontend in a healthy state. I am looking to improve my technical skills and gain mastery. I want to be used and abused to get that experience. My end game is to get a job at one of the larger tech compan
- Looking for Tech Co-founder Looking for someone with backend experience to work on new company. We already have iOS and Android apps complete and need to update backend but lack expertise on team. This is not a full time or paid job until raise. Company is currently bootstrapped and It is a passion project with equity availa
- iOS Engineer New college Grad was hired to do iOS engineer by an established company in the Dallas area but they haven't given me a Mac and have told me to work on android. I have an electrical engineering degree, should I look for other opportunities or try and stick it out?
- Nail, coffin, done. Gmail android app updated to new horrid ui Dad's company was using them. Not anymore, apparently. They were ok with using html web version on desktop, but the Android updates for everything in gsuite is finally forcing their move away and to o365. All because the UI changed to be horrible.
- Thoughts on Robinhood? Referral? Hi blinders, any insight on Robinhood as a company? How's it doing? Now a good time to join? Additionally, anyone up for referring me? Looking to join as an Android engineer.
- Backend engineer to Android/iOS developer Is the only way to get hired as Android/iOS developer is by publishing some apps? Which companies hire people without mobile app development experience? I tried to do something on side. But the idea I took is almost a social network and it involves heavy back end work. By the time I finished back
- FAANG and professional side gigs / part time consultants? What's the policy for professional side gigs and consultant arrangements if you're working at a big reputable tech company? The side gig would be unrelated to your work's domain, and is not a primary source of income and involves only a few hours per month, for example: - SDE in Microsoft Office te
and industry lounge.
- Does Google give Pixel phones to new employees for testing? For folks within Google product teams (UX/PM/Eng), does company lend you a Pixel phone so you can test android on mobile devices? Thanks
- Job in Research Triangle, NC My company WillowTree Inc. is hiring in Durham, NC. We're a digital product agency (native iOS, Android, web apps. It's a booming tech scene, and cost of living is amazing. Several of our team members relo'ed from the Valley. Great option if you want to buy a house, have a yard, save $ 😏
- Applying backend engineer position without experience I’m wondering Airbnb only hire backend engineers with exactly matched experience. Actually, I just got rejected from another unicorn company. The recruiter told me I did coding and system design interviews well but the hiring manager concerned that I don’t have any backend server or distributed exp
- Looking for a senior mobile developer The Austin, TX based startup I work for is looking for a senior mobile developer. If you’re experienced (specifically with Android), good at what you do, and interested in working on an exciting consumer app, DM for more info and I can refer you. I quit Microsoft to join this company and feel like
- Any startup groups in Seattle I'd like to meet other people who are. I'm in the middle of building an Android app for my startup and i want to outsource the work and meet people who also have been trying to start a mobile app. I'd also want a manufacturing company to build one another prototype idea of mine but it seems US manu
- link Come join Stitcher! The Best Place For Podcasts Stitcher was an early leader in podcasting with its best-in-class podcast listening app available on both iOS and Android -- alongside podcast advertising leader Midroll Media and top podcast comedy network Earwolf. Today, Stitcher has solidified its position as an end-
- Visa Inc Android technology Will the Android technology stay up-to-day compared to to FLAG company? What is the prospect of being an Android developer in Visa?
- Kotlin in workplace interviewed recently at a company for an Android dev position, during the interview the hiring manager said he likes the team to use the latest tech, except Kotlin because he thinks it needs another year or so to mature. After I started I did a proof of concept on a redesigned screen and all the dev
- What should I highlight to increase chances of full time interview and getting hired at top companies Hello, I have interned two times at the same company. Made an app that’s in the build tree of the android devices that the company makes, basically comes with every new product running android. But I’ve been working on the same product throughout the two internships. Basically, adding features since