- link 3 YOE - 5 Offers - Seattle I’ll lead with this: I’m a straight white guy with a neutral-American accent and US citizenship, so I have a lot of unfair advantages in life that not everyone is lucky enough to get. Blind was a big part of what inspired me to seek out higher compensation and gave me confidence in my negotiation,
- Amazon v. Netflix/Hulu/Comcast/Disney Has anyone transitioned from Amazon to Netflix, Hulu, Comcast, Disney or another major media & entertainment company? Curious what level jobs would be equivalent to L6 for non-tech (business development or product marketing)
- link H-1B: Outsourcing giant games visa system to discriminate against non-South Asians in hiring, lawsuit claims HCL has been able to secure visas for far more individuals than it actually has a present need for,” the lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in San Jose, claimed. “For example, HCL is consistently one of the top-10 H-1B visa recipients in the U.S., and from 2015 to 2017, HCL received 10,432 new H-
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Amazon’s new India office is amazing, it can house up to 15k employees Will more US jobs go to India? Or they are just coming to the US and replace US workers like what Disney did? https://www.bloomberg.com/news/photo-essays/2019-09-18/inside-amazon-s-newest-and-largest-office-thousands-of-miles-from-seattle
- Disney Offer Wait Time Hey there. I interviewed at Disney about a month and a week ago and I have yet to hear back. The recruiter says the interview feedback was really good but they have to go through their lined up interviews. I met with the skip level manager at the end of the onsite and was basically asked if I wanted
- What do you think about the Apple product launches? - i think this design will make Jobs turn in his grave and cry. This is not attractive! - lack of innovation again with few hundred billion dollars laying eggs - lack of content for apple TV, no where close to Netflix or Disney, though pricing is competitive at $4.99/month - apple watch has “display
- Disney TC Just had a recruiter reach out from Disney Streaming Services for a remote job. I haven’t responded yet, but wanted to see if anyone has any inside info on the team as well as TC expectations for Senior Software Engineer. Thanks!
- FAANMG uses H-1B to depress everyone’s wages No, FAANMG does not explicitly pay less to those on visas. That’s not what’s happening. Read on... We already know that large big-name tech companies have gone to many lengths, including illegal collusion by restricting recruiting, to prevent their employees from switching jobs. This is wage theft.
- Compensation for travel I have a job offer for an exec-level position from a company in San Francisco and I live in LA. The plan is to move back to SF in a year (I have kids) but until then the job will require me to commute weekly from LA for 2-3 days/week. The comp is good but they’re only offering me 5K for a whole year
- Is my job worth keeping? I am a recent graduate from a QS ranking top 10 University, not stem major. I started my job as a regional sales manager in a fortune 200 Telecom company for about a month now. I am getting 50k base salary, no bonus or commission until next year since i don't have quota ATM. 401k and fully covered i
- Working at BAMTECH / Disney Streaming Any insights on what it’s like to work at Disney Streaming product org in NYC? I’m thinking about taking a job there but the interview process was a bit of a mess.
- Does DISNEY hire SWEs without a CS background? I've been eyeing a Disney Streaming SWE job (Edit: Entry Level) in NYC. But I heard that it's close to impossible to get an interview with Disney's tech division if you don't have a CS degree (equivalent). Wondering how true this is? Background: Business degree, coding bootcamp graduate. Start-up e
- Company Tiers I’m going to be applying to SWE jobs in LA soon and wanted to get some thoughts on my rankings of most desirable companies. The main factors to consider are pay, wlb, and future opportunities. Top -Google -Snapchat -Netflix (probably don’t have the experience for this) -Facebook(do they have engine
- Disney World Best way to get a job at Disney World. Anybody here currently or know someone that’s an entertainment stage tech?
- Currently a 2nd/1st Camera Assistant (Career Advice) So I studied film at UCLA and graduated three years ago, and got lured into Hollywood. Two years ago, I found my first few gigs out of college on Craigslist, and was barely earning anything. This year and last year I've been mostly getting jobs through the networks that I have built and life is a li
- Disney Management jobs and culture I’m hoping to gain some knowledge about the Disney management culture and how they perceive outsiders. I’m currently looking to apply from outside of the company (coming from O&G) for a position in Anaheim. How is management treated? How is lay determined? Are bonuses supplied? How easy/hard is
- Improving your odds for a job at google Hi All, I currently work for Disney and know there are certain company-specific things that someone can do to improve their odds of getting a job here. SO and I are looking to relocate to the Bay Area and both considering Google. What are specific things we can do to improve our odds of getting a po
- link Disney Referral Hi everyone, I am looking for a Disney referral for this job posting: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/-/-/391/13236983?CID=13477&utm_source=ziprecruiter Please let me know if you can shed any internal insight or be willing to submit my application internally. Thank you so much!