- vote Uber vs Google I have offers from both. Uber is for 5a while Google is 4. Assuming pay is similar after negotiations, which do you guys think is the best choice? These are my pros and cons: Uber - free promotion, probably higher tc and more upside, more impact in terms of work Google - better commute and wlb, bett
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- Uber SFO Software Engineering Can anybody give me some insights to -Uber Engineering Department culture, - work-life-balance for them - perks - if its wise to join Uber at this point, specially for a person who is in H1B and yet to apply for a GC.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Qualtrics Seattle SWE How does it compare in terms of perks and tc compared to big ones in the area? (google, dropbox, uber, facebook etc)
- Uber and Lyft guys' and gals' perks Do you get ride credits? Uber people, do you get Uber eats discounts? I get a company car every now and then plus an employee lease programs with new purchase discounts. TC 🎄fiddy cuz they lowball
- Travel perks Am curious to know what are the travel perks/policies in major companies. I'll start off with Google: Flights(local and international): - there's an algorithm that calculates a trip cap for flights between 2 locations. It is generous enough that you usually are able to book a business class 70-80
- Perks at Uber? Saw a 🍌 thread for Amazon. I wonder what all perks does Uber employees get? TC: S$140k YOE: 4
- What's working at Uber like these days? I'm specifically interested in product management at Uber and curious about what pay, perks, and wlb looks like post IPO.
- How would you tier companies in the Bay Area? Compensation matters. So do the perks. But what else would you consider while segmenting companies in the Bay? How do you define a hot or a high-tiered company?Also, what is your take on current tiers? My thoughts: Tier 1: FAANG, MS (& LI), Uber Tier 2: Oracle, Workday, SFDC, eBay, PayPal, typical
- Uber culture, compensation, benefits Hi blinders - expecting an offer from Uber. I have a few questions: - how is wlb? Blind seems to suggest wlb is good now. - what are the benefits and perks? - how easy is it to move to different teams. How long do you need to stay in the role before moving? - is it a collaborative culture? Or cu
- Why is hiring hard? It feels like every hiring manager complains that hiring is hard. This even seems true at FAANG, and the “start ups” like lyft, and uber. — let’s ask a couple questions, about why hiring is hard: 1. Is the work not fulfilling? 2. Are you paying a competitive salary? 3. Are the benefits bad? 4. Are
- Jumping back into rat race (ex-Google), 10 YOE, where? I'm currently in talks with FB, Goog, Uber, AirBnb, Cruise Automation, Amzn, and a couple startups. At this point in my career I want to optimize for upward mobility, truly interesting work, and of course TC. I was previously at Goog and of course the perks / TC was nice, but the projects weren't r
- Advice requested Here is my situation: Non Eng Currently 185k base 40k bonus 100k refresh Vested: 5000 RSU (200k) yet to vest: 7000 RSU (3800 in next 12 months - 152k) 2.5 years on job Uber is pre IPO so true value of stock is likely 65 per share vs 40 used for above Pros: senior, nailed the role, resting and ve
- Which FANG to grow your career? Everyone is always talking about perks and TC, but where is the best place to grow as an engineer? Which place gives the most responsibility and promotes the quickest? The title says FANG but Airbnb, Uber, etc are also welcome to reply.
- Uber vs Lyft - Perks edition Particularly interested in Palo Alto offices. What are benefits or perks at Uber/Lyft? ex free food, gym, ride credit My friend will choose job between two companies purely based on this. He thinks these are the keys to day to day happiness. Btw is it true that food at Uber is like Panda Express?
- What are some of the perks/benefits at uber Somebody told me you get $500 uber credits per month which can be used in uber and uber eats
- LinkedIn India 1. What are teams in LI India? Any ML teams? 2. Is pay & perks at par MSFT? 3. Currently SDE 1, 23 lpa, 1.5 yoe at Msft. What can I expect at LI? 4. Which should I prefer in India - Amazon/LI/Uber for SDE? Which if all 3 offer ML team? 5. Will I loose my unvested Msft joining stocks? 6. Will I get j
- Uber Palo Alto Joining Uber PA office soon, do they have gym there and what are the other good perks in the office. Heard food isn’t that great.
- How is the benefit in Uber toronto? Joining uber toronto early next year. Wondering what perks in toronto! Is there catering for lunch? Any difference with SF?