- vote Pixel 3A is such a great budget phone that makes it really tempting for iPhone user to switch, especially for old people like me who use older models and don’t want to spend $1000+ on all the unnecessary features and power of an iPhone X. A simple smart phone with good camera and integrated unlimited photo storage is enough, which Pix
- Why are software engineers so uncreative, non-visionary? We are able to build literally any digital product we can imagine from our laptops and deploy it to the world, yet the vast majority of us choose to join a company that pours its engineering talent into making dog filters on teenage girls, or that adds emoji reactions to posts. It seems that tremen
- vote Apple privacy Having watched the Apple keynote and the number of incredible features that are brought to iOS is simply mind blowing. More than anything else the enormous attention that apple has given to privacy is very much commendable. Having upgraded to iOS 13 I can see that Bluetooth sharing is shut off and i
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- vote Bored with iOS I have ~1 YOE shipping “high impact” iOS features at an IPO’d unicorn/mid sized company. However, I feel a bit stagnated and bored aligning rounded buttons and using the restrictive APIs. The pay is alright, but working exclusively with Obj-C and Swift feels like I’m pigeonholing my career to be to
- What the f**k Apple?! The reviews for the HomePod are terrible! What is going on over at Apple? You're releasing a late product with A quarter of the promised features.. anyone here work on that product?
- Never work with Apple as a contractor What It’s Like to Work Inside Apple’s ‘Black Site’ https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-11/apple-black-site-gives-contractors-few-perks-little-security
- link Hey Siri I was reading this article here: https://www.macrumors.com/2018/10/14/police-advised-dont-look-at-face-id-iphones/ And I couldn’t help think that an easy solve that combines user convenience, security and apple technology could be something using a key phrase like “Hey Siri, Lockdown” which would
- Apple full timers - what do you think of contractors working at Apple? Tc:240k I heard Apple treats their contractors shit, thus article just glorifies that. Full timers what do you think of contractors? Did you ever have to work with them ? How was your experience? https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-11/apple-black-site-gives-contractors-few-perks-littl
- Privacy concerns regarding third-party email apps? I’m a Apple Mail user but from time-to-time am tempted to dabble with third-party mail apps. Why? Not exactly sure. Apple Mail does the “basics” right, but certainly does not include features like snooze, send later, etc. like Airmail and Spark, amongst others. While these apps offer fantastic fea
- Evaluating different options I have been in the embedded space for the past 10 years, mainly media (audio/video). I have been feeling bored in this space because it has been a lot of rehash and not much new development. Before Tesla I was working at Apple where a lot of the code was already defined and I would be responsible fo
- Upward mobility and middle management I currently manage a team of engineers in a hardware organization at Apple and have previously been very successful as a technical leader (have invented/started multiple projects that became major roadmap defining features). However, I find that there is no upward mobility in my organization. The or