- Common Blind abbreviations AI - Artificial Intelligence AMZN - Amazon AWS - Amazon Web Services BI - Business Intelligence BIE - BI Engineer BS - Bachelor of Science or bullshit DE - Data Engineer DS - Data Scientist EE - Electrical Engineering or Enterprise Engineering EM - Engineering Manager FANG - Facebook, Amazon, Netfli
- Netflix Sr. UI Engineer If your team is hiring a Sr. UI Engineer, please DM me! I was contacted by a manager for a Sr. UI Engineer position on the Open Connect team in June. I then had a call with the team’s recruiter a few days later. During both phone calls, I mentioned my current exploration of C++, and revisiting of
- Netflix UI Engineer I‘ve tried to do some research on how Senior UI Engineer, and Senior Software Engineer TC compare at Netflix. I’m starting the interview process soon. Are the two titles equivalent in level? TC: None (between contracts/ jobs) YOE: 6
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Netflix sr ui engineer comp please share what range should I share ... hr asked for range... current TC 250 all cash 10 yoe
- Phone screen with Netflix Hi everybody! After several calls with a developer manager and a recruiter, I'm going to have a technical phone screen interview with Netflix (UI engineer). Do somebody have more details about that? What should I expect from this phone interview? Is it a formal technical like with collabedit or
- Senior UI engineer TC @ Netflix What’s the TC @ Netflix. 8 yrs exp.
- Looking to leave current job and get a couple of referrals (based in NYC) Hey blinders! I've started to look for a new job and have had phone interviews. My background has mostly been in startups as a Product Designer, so I've applied to startup companies. But I'm wondering how I stack up to bigger companies, their challenges, and really wanting to learn more from leadin
- Test Automation engineer from Oracle to Software developer in top tech companies I am working in Oracle as Test Automation engineer. Overall YOE: 8.5 years. But I'm very passionate about development and can solve hard DS and algorithms as well. Still I'm preparing for 1 more year to crack top companies like google/FB/Amzon/uber/Linkedin/Netflix etc .... I'm aiming for SDE3 at Am
- Facebook system design interview full stack vs backend Recruiter asked me about choosing if I wanted to do a full stack design interview round (example design Netflix, including the ui and apis- essentially entire application) and one backend design interview round(design cassendra for example). I was preparing from grokking the system interview but giv
- Not all startups are for entrepreneurs Some startups are looking for rank and file individual contributors (IC's), not entrepreneurs -- people who identify needs and take initiative to address them. Maybe the founders are entrepreneurs, but they hire a VP eng who hires a eng manager who doesn't have the entrepreneurial mindset when build
- Considering Netflix UI SWE offer, pros/cons? How much are people in this role restricted to just front end work? I prefer to be in a position where I can work vertically on whole product features end to end. Also got the impression UI eng is not as respected as back end work, is that true? For example I didn’t meet any eng managers who’d come
- How would you prepare for implementing UI components? #Front-end-interview These days, it seems like companies ask front end candidates something like "Implement a progress bar", "Implement Netflix main page", etc. How would you prepare for such questions? Do they allow you to look up APIs? Do they let you use your favorite framework like Angular? It sounds hard to me beca
- What is it like on the Netflix TV UI Team? I have been especially passionate in how React/Node can be applied to UI that aren't traditional web apps, and have been really interested in what Netflix has accomplished with Gibbon, but I have no idea what is expected from a TV UI engineering role (both from interview and actual team role).
- Netflix UI engineer onsite Have an onsite coming up. What kind of questions can I expect? Things to prepare for sys design rounds? Appreciate any help, thanks.