- link [AMA] Interview tips after a recent round of offers (380~500k) TLDR: Offers ranging 380k~500k from Facebook, Uber, and 2 other companies. Non-exceptional IC with 5 years of experience. Interview tips are nuanced and its your loss if you don’t read. ### About me ### Software engineer with 5 yoe in the bay. B.Eng (not comp sci) in a well-known school. Mostly se
- Which companies have real data scientists? I have a MS in DS from top tier CS university, and I have been working as a data scientist for less than 1 year. Daily work includes analytics & AB testing (60%) and building ML models (40%). The current team has some modeling projects, but the larger organization is mainly doing analytics. Their da
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- New job, but Google is still my dream. How can I best prep these next 1-2 years? Title. I just recently entered a new role (at Uber) after 5 offers at unicorns/FAANG companies. Had an onsite with Google but ended up canceling it due to interview burn out. Google is still my dream goal, but I need to be strategic since I only get one chance every year. What’s the best way I can
- Travel perks Am curious to know what are the travel perks/policies in major companies. I'll start off with Google: Flights(local and international): - there's an algorithm that calculates a trip cap for flights between 2 locations. It is generous enough that you usually are able to book a business class 70-80
- How to stop Google Map, Uber and Lyft routing traffic to your neighborhood? Love to hear creative ideas to prevent artificial heavy traffic sent by Google Map, Uber and Lyft. Many speed, dont stop at stop signs and almost run into kids from the school on the block. I heard some cities sent fake accident reports to Waze to hack the algorithm. How many fake reports would sto
- Uber Freight onsite interview SF I got Uber Freight onsite interview coming up in SF. What is the difficult level to expect. What type of algorithm and design questions. There's also laptop coding involved. SDE II level.
- Uber phone interview Hey guys, I did Uber phone interview recently. I was asked a leetcode hard. I had 40 minutes and figuring out the algorithm took me 35 and wrote a pseudo code as I didn't have time to finish it. What is the criteria usually for clearing the phone screen? If it is working code, then I am screwed.
- Front end engineer interview experience I see that a lot of top companies still don’t know what to ask to front end engineers. Here is my Uber experience for a senior front end position: Phone screen: 2 leetcode medium-hard algorithm. On-site: 1-OOP, 1-problem solving, 1-bar raiser technical, 1- manager cultural, 1 - system design. No
- Uber hiring decision Just had an on-site at Uber today. I think the system design rounds went quite well, even the debugging/laptop coding round went well but had some hiccups in the algorithm round which I believe was a leetcode hard but came up with the code for it in the last 5 minutes of the interview (although it w
- Uber Amsterdam telephonic screening for senior engineer. What to expect? Hi guys, Uber Amsterdam telephonic lined up. What to expect apart from DS, algorithm, problem solving?
- Uber frontend phone screen I have a phone screen for Uber was wondering what is covered for front end. Should I expect data structures and algorithm like on leetcode or is it primarily front end related like building a ui?
- What are the front end interview processes at Uber vs Stripe? I hear stripe is very practice in nature, not very much algorithm content asked. Would Uber front end be roughly the same, or more CtCI/Leetcode leaning?
- link need uber referral? Uber is hiring crazily especially for eng II or higher. I have several friends who got offers through my referal. Many HRs have close relationships with me. If you need a referral, and you have prepared for interview(like necessary algorithm problem practice, system design), please shoot me your ema
- Uber algorithm Can someone from Uber confirm that their algorithm adds a weightage on the number of times you check the price for a route? Especially when there's a surge going on.
- Will people w/ front end exp expect to be asked front end design instead of architecture system design in interview? What will people with 1yr front end exp expect to be asked in interview? I see people with 1 year of experience are asked for architectural system design a lot, but I’m not sure if that’s for front end.. I think Google will likely not ask design problem - just algorithm. What about other companie