- Quitting to learn (insights data science) I am working as a analyst for linkedin. My background is not in tech (phD in chemistry). I moved from china to the us after my degree. here is my problem: I do not like my job, pay or my manager. I am doing meaningless work and get paid fairly bad. I got acceppeted into insights data science, which
- Best teams at Facebook/Instagram NYC edit: still no real answers - if anyone from FB prefers DMing Im also happy to do that Joining soon as an E5 in Infra at Facebook NYC. Coming from a java (non android) background with little C++ experience, so hoping to join a team/org with decent enough WLB that I will have some time and space to
- Any Java backend team at Facebook? Joining soon but I heard most teams use C++? I’ve never written a line of C++ in my life.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- vote FB or AWS New grad CS MS from East Coast, interned in AWS last summer. Recently I get an offer from Facebook as a Data Engineer, and I am not sure which one should I choose. All advices are welcomed, thank you! FB pros: Big name, in CA, better environment to work & live? May have an opportunity to transfer
- Job help in Chicago - Ruined a dream job Hey Blinders...? Looking for some help getting my wife to interview with some of the bigger tech companies with offices in Chicago. She's a professor teaching computer science, we are relocating here, she has her green card. I am feeling a bit guilty as she landed a job as a SWE with Cisco in Lond
- Best Facebook android teams What are the Android teams out there at Facebook? What are the stack: kotlin, Java, rxjava etc What is the wlb?
- Java job opportunities in Facebook Does Facebook have java job opportunities?
- Ruby for interviewing? I wonder if it is okay to use Ruby in all coding interviews at FAANG. I believe it's a beautiful language to solve leetcode problems using least amount of code while maintaining readability. However, I have read somewhere that Google prefer using Python/Java/C++, and I think it would be weird to use
- C or JAVA coding in interviews @ FLAG companies I have coded in C (around 11 years) and that’s my strongest language. I have picked up JAVA recently (1-2 months) and started solving leet code problems in JAVA. Coding in C in interviews is very time consuming (length of code, lack of standard API for collections, string based questions, etc) compa
- Data Engineer Onsite FAcebook —-chances TC/YOE : 225/10 ( not swe, data engineer) Recently had an onsite with FB for data engineer role. Can someone from FB help to understand my chances ? Round 1: interviewer draws a dashboard and we speak about what Is happening in the dashboard. Finally depending on that moved to SQL. Could not finish
- Facebook Coding interview I will be going for Facebook on-site interviews in a few days and wanted to understand what to expect in the coding interviews. Is it always expected to do two code questions in a single 45 minute interview, or many do a single longer code question? Can I ask my interviewer this? (I tend to go fo
- Facebook - Bootcamp - Programming Hi, I’ll be joining Facebook in July, and like everyone else, ll’ be going through the Bootcamp. Throughout my career I’ve been working with Java stack and bit of node. Any advice on brushing up any specific programming languages to make life a little easy during early days?? Cheers...
- Looking for Facebook referral Hi Blinders, I am interested in summer internship position at Facebook. Me: from top Canadian University. 1 year internship experience with Java. 4 months internship experience with C#, XAML (was working with Xamarin). Self learned React.js. Feel free to DM me. I am willing to share my CV and disc
- Recruiters offer too low Coming out of college with less than 1 year work experience, I got a job at Amazon that paid about 130k salary, 160k total compensation. If you add in health insurance, Amazon stock (which has been doing well), and bonus, it's quiet a lot for an entry level Java programming position. I got the extra
- link Interview tips for Technical Sourcer at Facebook? Hi, I have an upcoming interview as a technical sourcer at Facebook. For an interview at Facebook for Technical Sourcer position, they will ask you to write boolean string on the white board. If they are asking to source for a software engineer position, are they expecting boolean strings to look l