- Which companies have real data scientists? I have a MS in DS from top tier CS university, and I have been working as a data scientist for less than 1 year. Daily work includes analytics & AB testing (60%) and building ML models (40%). The current team has some modeling projects, but the larger organization is mainly doing analytics. Their da
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- How do you take control during a phone interview when the interviewer is pushing you too hard? I was given the second chance for the FB phone interview, and seems like I failed again. Actually I am quite confident with algorithm questions, from deriving the optimal solution to implementation. But when I do the phone interview, I feel I am being dragged around by the interviewer especially whe
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Have a phone interview with FB, please wish me a luck! Thanks for the Blind friends, who adviced me to postpone my phone interview with FB last week when I had no prep. I would have just tried and failed. Ive done some prep, solved 10ish LC medium, brushed up my algorithm knowledge, etc. Please wish me a luck! 🤗
- FB onsite Interviewer 100% incorrect So I recently had my FB onsite, didn't get in. One coding round was a strong hire, the other was a weak no hire. In both rounds I optimally solved two questions. In the round in which I didn't pass, the second question was the issue. I solved that question in O(n) which I know was optimal for that q
- Facebook Interview Postmortem So I finished a FB onsite a few days ago and I just want to share what I went through and would like to see what you people think. It was 4 rounds with 2 being coding, 1 design and 1 behaviour. As I arrived I was surprised at how many people were there for interviews. It scared me. It didn’t help w
- How do I become good at algorithm interviews? I always fuck up algorithm interviews and never made it past the first round at prestigious companies. I would do anything to work at google or Facebook. But I'm not smart. I've had my iq measured and it's 126 but my PRI (abstract reasoning) is 105. Therefore novel problems are really hard for me.
- How should I negotiate offers? When negotiating job offers with multiple companies, is there some basics I should follow? I'm looking for an algorithm :P So should I take the highest offer and show it to the smaller offer and see if they can compete? Do I repeat that process until only one remains? I have a TC ~250 from FB and
- Facebook E5 SWE hiring bar Recently got interviewed in FB Seattle for E5 role (as per recruiter). Still waiting for the result. Here is how the interview went. 1 System design - answered all the questions but didn't feel like was able to drive the conversation all the way. The interviewer had to ask me some stuff explicitly.
- Getting job in Google/Facebook without interview I was wondering are there cases when someone gets a engineering job in big company as google/FB/apple without those long interviews (solving algorithm problems onsite for 5-6 hours) and going thru hiring committees. Something like getting job thru referrals or coming from also big (or competitor com
- Front end engineer interview experience I see that a lot of top companies still don’t know what to ask to front end engineers. Here is my Uber experience for a senior front end position: Phone screen: 2 leetcode medium-hard algorithm. On-site: 1-OOP, 1-problem solving, 1-bar raiser technical, 1- manager cultural, 1 - system design. No
- Facebook data scientist I have heard that Facebook data scientists are more similar to data analyst or BI engineers in other companies. How true is this? Btw, do FB data scientist interviews ask LeetCode algorithm questions? Or is it just LeetCode SQL questions? Thanks.
- System Design Interviews : What do the interviewers look for ? I've been reading through Grokking the System Design Interview, System Design Primer for past couple of days but I'm still not sure how to approach the interviews(or rather, what the interviewer will be looking for) For e.g if the question is Design a video distribution system, there are so many as
- Upcoming fb interview prep 1) System Design: probably my biggest blind spot. I have years of experience and confident in designing scalable systems. But the open ended nature of the interview worries me. - Is there any resource to prep for System Design (leetcode style) - Typically interviewers are looking to hear a few speci
- Preparation for fb and G, should I start reading the cormen algorithm book or solve leetcode. I'm an engineer with decent understanding of algorithm and DS, I want to prepare for Google and Facebook interview, so I'm thinking should I read cormen algorithm book or just solve leetcode. Im setting 3 months for this preparation. Help is appreciated.
- Facebook profile - “People you may know” Today I was checking my Facebook profile and saw almost all current and past co-workers suggested in “People you may know”. How the hell do you know that all of them are/were related to me? For example, there was a co-worker from 7 years ago that I haven’t talked at all, but somehow FB knows that
- Does Facebook, twitter etc newsfeed compute them as you refresh is its pre computed? As in title. Feels like if it’s computed during refresh that can take a long time. Of course fb and twitter have large computation power to do this but for someone without that resource will you still do it in same way? Or compute frequent users newsfeed and cache them etc. If so how often will you
- FB onsite What kind of questions are asked on FB onsite for algorithm round ( leetcode hard ??) and design round
- Debugging process? I am going in for an FB leadership interview and last time (3 yrs ago) was dinged, even though I did good on the mgmt and algorithm interviews. Kept scratching my head and later found out that from recruiter that I wasn't as organized in my approach to debugging issues - which was the focus of the 3
- What is a typical salary range for a data scientist with 10 yrs exp In algorithm dev /stats analysis using modern day languages and data platforms in companies like google/fb