- vote Which company would you choose? Company A: TC: 67k Commute: 25 minutes Home office: No Working time: Fixed 9-5 Vacation: 28 Dev team: 8 (juniors - intermediate; 1 senior) Founded: 2009 Profitable: Since 2011 Notebook: Dell or Mac Company: Established with nearly 1k customers; privately owned; IT security Misc: Young team (under 30
- Getting rejection due to technology stack ? Hi I recently had couple of onsites which I got rejected .I think I did good on coding and design. But I m mostly working in Microsoft stack . Does that cause rejection? Is there any bias towards java / python compared to C#? One company told me design and coding were good but technology stack is to
- Goldman Sachs Data Lakes team Developer I have an offer from Goldman Sachs Data Lake team for Data Architecture role. Tech stack for team : Java, Workflow, Spark, MapReduce, Flink, Elasticsearch, Sybase IQ My work (Most Probable) : Apache Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search, and Akka Role : Tech Associate Experience : 3 YOE (Masters degree in Co
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Feeling hopeless and anxious. To start off, I joined Goldman right out of college (probably my biggest mistake) and allowed to be pigeonholed into front-end development (my second biggest mistake). Over time I grew to like FE dev but I totally neglected backend stuff. I've been doing this for close to 4 years now. Now, that I p
- vote Mac vs Ubuntu for coding I do full-stack development in my XPS Ubuntu laptop and loving it, except the battery life, which is horrible. So I started thinking about a Mac. How is it these days for Java/Android/Docker development (i use intellij)? Anyone made the switch and loving it? Or vice versa? Please comment as well if
- Want to emigrate from Luxembourg to USA, what to do? I'm a Python/Java/JS developer working with one of Europe's largest bank. Europe has high taxes, mediocre pay but very high quality of life, holidays and ease of living. But my ambition is money and I'm willing to sacrifice my european lifestyle. Background: I'm an asian with Luxembourg residence p
- vote Chicago SWE offers Trying to decide between these two offers In Chicago… I have 3 YOE Offer 1: Slalom Build(Their in-house consulting division no travel) ** Already accepted this offer so I’d have to renege. Wasn’t expecting another offer Potential TC 100k, 91k base, 0-10% bonus No 401k match first year then 3% match
- List of employers close to Plano/Frisco, TX or Dallas area I would appreciate it if you could share employers in Plano, Texas or Frisco, Texas or Dallas area in general. If you can add your experience or even if it's second hand information about their salaries, work environment, open to remote or not, tech stack (Java, .NET etc) that would be great! Also
- How do you keep up as a senior SWE? I’m not new to this as I have 5yoe, but am feeling really stressed out lately. I’ve joined a new project as basically the only senior SWE on the team and the amount of things to learn is simply staggering. Just to name a few things that came my way very recently: - Java - Groovy (for tests!) - Many
- vote Continue working on Python or switch to Java? So I worked on a small team making a small new full stack app in Python for the past couple years. I got transferred internally a month ago to a large team that uses Java and now I’m just going to be doing big fixes. I have an opportunity to hop to another position at a different company to keep wo
- A direction for- Android dev/flutter - Faang ? Hi, I am Native Android developer (i too manage small team of 4 devs)Graduate computer science with almost 4.5YOE, TC $15k (location: chennai,india). What should be obvious choice, leave job prepare for FAANG(or anything better ) ?, but none post shows how to for Android/mobile dev. All videos on
- Microsoft vs Apple (Hyderabad) I am currently an SDE2 at Amazon with 3yoe in total. I have offers from Microsoft and Apple. I'm having tough time deciding which option to go ahead with? Could you please comment on factors like quality of work, hike or target percentage, work culture, timings, perks Work: 1. Microsoft in the wxp
- 0 YOE w/ Coding Bootcamp Certificate, how to find job leads? A friend fresh out of a 14 wk Coding Bootcamp is looking for work. 0 YOE, 10+ working in retail/customer service. No CS degree. I haven’t seen their resume, nor know volume of applications, but they mentioned that they haven’t had any calls nor interviews in a few months despite applying for severa
- Microsoft Offer - Redmond I received email from HR that they are ready to extend offer with Microsoft. I would like to know what to expect in terms of level and TC also considering relocation to Seattle. I have interviewed for Senior software Engineer. Currently : Consultant - Full Stack Java Engineer @Walmartlabs Total ye
- Data Science vs Software Engineering? I'm working as a software engineer for almost 3-4 years now. I've been working with data and like the data engineering part - transforming data in Storm, Spark, etc.. I feel the growth is very limited though. Both internally and externally. Firstly, there's little I can do about the quality of work
- link AWS Solution Architect interview questions & concepts Please add questions as you see fit. Good luck! #amazon #aws #sa #interview Security IDS encryption at rest/in transit symmetric and asymmetric encryption. Web Application Firewall Vs Firewall? Where are customer encryption keys stored How would you mitigate a DOS? What is identity management? St
- Maximize callbacks? Anyone have tips on how to maximize call backs? I’m sitting at a 1% ratio with 300 applications and 3 responses. I just hacked together a full stack project using Java Spring Boot and React to slap on my resume. I have 2 YOE in Python Web Development and Automation. Any other suggestions?
- Getting into Netflix How to get interviewed at Netflix? While GOOG and FB invite pretty much everyone, N seems to be very selective. A few years ago I managed to fail (!) initial phone screen with a recruiter girl. I tried applying again later, but no one responded. Also - is it possible to work there as SWE and not get
- Help me choose between 2 offers Goal: Make it into big N. I applied and got rejected by everyone without even an online screening. So I recognise my resume is trash, and I need to be at a place where I can learn & grow alot as a software engineer for the next 6-12 months. Plan to reapply to big N in the fall. My offers (both in C
- Looking for advice on which opportunity to pursue I have two offers for very different companies. One is for a backend position on an AWS team the other is a full stack position at a startup. Both in Seattle. I'm looking for some advice on which to take. I'll lay out my thinking on both. Just a little history on me first. I've been a developer for
- What to focus on for interviews for prep? Often for many jobs on the Bay Area at 3 YOE ask about x years of experience in Java or some tech stack and AWS experience. Is it better to focus on Leetcoding or upping knowledge on job requirement skills? FAANG is different in that they're more algo and leetcode heavy but most jobs aren't like Zen
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Go or Python? So I am a Java guy, and have been planning to build a startup product. What would be a good tech stack to choose? At this point my main focus is to learn while building this product end to end.
- Do you use Golang in algo interviews? I used to use Java extensively, now I use Go at work. I love the simplicity of the language and the speed it provides. But for interviewing though, it is very frustrating to write a stack/queue/priority queue every time you have to use it. Like I know it's easy with slices, but the extra cognitive
- Ruby dev want to transition to FAANG Hey I am a ruby developer, I have really only done full stack web development with ROR, have about 7 YOE. I don’t have a CS degree and I want to make the move to a company that pays more than $160k TC. where should I spend my efforts preparing? I know data structures will be big, but should I lear
- Career shift in nodejs micro services development? Hi, I have been lately working mainly in Java/C# technologies, mainly working on background jobs, orchestration and REST. Is it a good idea to move into nodejs (MEAN stack) development? And is there any core tech company that is using nodejs? What are the future possibilities to get into a tech
- Genuine Advice, no trolls please... YOE - 15 as Java, includes 8 as Android. TL;DR - Not a story or experience, seeking genuine advice and take-aways. Hitting a mid-life career-crisis. Just begun LCing, have to jump onto CTCI soon. What I have seen thus far on LC, and some previous interviews with the Big-Brand Tech (FAAANGMU), some
- Options to get into FAANG good tech companies I am an FTE of a no name consulting company for 10 yrs and 3+ yrs with TCS before that. Total 14 yoe. Core background is in Java full stack initially but worked on a workflow product for 10 years (minimal web development, but lot of distributed architecture experience ). TC 180K Given this bac
- Warren Buffet’s Lead Engineer Offer “Warren Buffet needs a lead Java Engineer in SF!” Was the tag line from the recruiter. A part of Berkshire Hathaway in the FinTech sector, I was intrigued and applied. I matched up exactly what they wanted, YOE 10+, lead of multiple teams, etc. Then the offer. Then the realization of why the 3rd mo
- Tips for hiring best tier 2 (technical) talent? *edit* based on feedback (thanks) clarifying we are NOT looking for top 1% of devs in the world, but strong tier 2 / talented up-and-coming younger devs. — Howdy - I’m now leading talent acquisition for an under-the-radar bootstrapped startup and have a few hires to make. I’m non technical and wo
- 2 YOE SE looking for new job San Diego I’m looking to get out of the defense industry and into web development. My background is full stack web with more focus on backend Python dev. I had callbacks from Walmart Labs but didn’t get passed the phone technical because they’re looking for staff level. I failed my Qcom onsite because I’m no
- link Salesforce SFO or Microsoft Redmond I recently got offers from Salesforce SFO for MTS position and Microsft Redmond for SDE2 ( Sfdc- 155k + 75k stocks + 10 k joining & MSFT - 140k + 30k stocks + 40k joining ). I am unable to decide which company to go for : In salesforce I got offer from lightening data platform which is part of d
- would you rather or bother? tech-stack expertise is in 'xyz'. tech-stack interests in 'pqr'. career interest in a higher role / title. employer / manager now forcibly dumped tech-stack 'mno' because nobody want to do it. only developer now stuck with 'mno', zero help, zero expertise, zero opportunity for career advancement, de
- Interview Prep-Plan. Asking Blinders that have very recently received top-of-the-charts TC offers, preferably NYC area. So, I have begun preparing, for a little over 3 weeks now I'd say. 1) LCing, in Kotlin. The problem, I am able to come up with the brute-force solution in about 30 to 45 minutes, another 30 minutes t
- DoorDash tech stack Can someone plz let me know what is the tech stack stack DoorDash. I have seen they use Java but is it used a lot or just in minority like Uber
- Stay in desktop or move to webdev? it's been bugging me for a little while now. most, if not all, the positions around me are for web tech. I've only done desktop and console app development so far, and I'm trying to keep an eye on my future (don't want to be SDET forever). after beginning to write a browser extension, I've found mys
- link Job description is full of typos. That’s a bad sign for the company, right? Go to https://trivium-esolutions.com/careers/ Then open the job description for „Munich office: (Senior-) Software Developer - Java Stack“ and read. It’s obviously copy paste but inserted at the wrong place. It seems no one cares about the description
- Teams at Uber Can someone shed some light on some of the following teams at Uber un terms of Growth potential, tech stack, business value etc 1. Marketplace 2. Rider 3. UberEats 4. U4B I have an onsite interview in a few weeks and the recruiter suggested I pick a team to interview with since the initial team's
- Python OOPs vs Java OOPs I know this is a stack overflow question but I want to understand from the tech people who work with these languages daily. How Java Object Oriented is different than Python Object Oriented model. Thanks in advance
and industry lounge.
- Looking for referrals. I am actively looking for Java full stack roles. Have industry experience 9 years. Lost job due to layoffs. Please ping me if you can refer me or have opportunities in your team. Looking for opportunities in Bay Area, California.
- Have an interview through Karat Have an interview with a company from the Bay Area. First round is through Karat. What kind of questions do they ask. The position is for a Senior Java Full Stack Developer. What kind of questions do they ask?
- vote Need help choosing between internship offers I'm fortunate enough to have these internship offers for the summer, and I'm so worried I'll pick the wrong company. I'm still interviewing at Google, LinkedIn, and a few other companies. All numbers in USD. How would you rank these offers? I've listed them in my order of preference atm. Sift
- How did your daily coding change after FAANGed? I am wondering how daily coding challenges are changing, especially for people switching from shit-tier companies to FAANG? I mean, assume you were a full stack Java Programmer writing APIs, and React.js on the front end. So will it be like; coding Java -> LeetCode -> FAANGed -> back to Java?
- Career Advice I am currently working as a java developer and been doing this from about 8 years. Never had any problem in finding new job when needed. And I enjoy Java but always little disappointed due to no growth. I happened to get a new job as a principle reliability engineer where they mentioned like I will
- Best Laptop/Desktop at Google What would you recommend for a SWE to request at Google for laptop and desktop? I've heard Linux works best for the desktop. Team will use a Java stack.
- Python or Java for interview Hello everyone, looking for suggestions here. Previously I have done programming in Java (4yrs) and after that, last 3 years I have been doing DevOps (docker, bash script and python). Now I am preparing for interviews. So should I go back to Java to prepare or should I learn Python? With Python m