- link Verizon Gaming!!! I'm sort of excited for this! How do you guys feel? https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/11/18179048/verizon-gaming-video-game-streaming-service-vzg-nvidia-shield-android
- game downloads in app stores Has anyone published a game on Android/iOS with moderate success? There are just so many out there, that it's hard to even get 100 downloads I guess.. Would really like to hear success (or flop stories)..
- Does Facebook ask web system design to ppl with no web experience ? I've heard Facebook interviews people from various backround - including embedded development, etc. Question is: If you've been doing firmware development / compilers / etc .. for all your careers, for the "system design" round will you get questions like: Design a web crawler / Design a distributed
- Are you betting on platform-specific features or cross-platform code? Debate came up recently about whether product teams should be architecting to focus on native code or x-platform. There obviously is not one hard and fast rule, but the general perspective has been to go native wherever possible, especially for performance benefits. But if I look back over the last
- Facebook Android engineer onsite Please help me prepare a game plan for my onsite. 2.5 years of experience working on Android development. Recruiter is calling me today to schedule my onsite, I'm pretty nervous about it though. Is it ok to schedule it at least 1 month from now? What's the best way to prep for system design for fr
- FAANG and professional side gigs / part time consultants? What's the policy for professional side gigs and consultant arrangements if you're working at a big reputable tech company? The side gig would be unrelated to your work's domain, and is not a primary source of income and involves only a few hours per month, for example: - SDE in Microsoft Office te
- Looking for an engineering crucible to forge myself into a better engineer Hi! I am a TVC at Google and spend my day writing code for an Android app and keeping backends/frontend in a healthy state. I am looking to improve my technical skills and gain mastery. I want to be used and abused to get that experience. My end game is to get a job at one of the larger tech compan
- sick to death of 'progressive' fraud and aggression (women in tech) love women. love women in tech. hired and promoted many women at google in technical roles ... years before it became topic of discussion or fashionable groupthink obsession ... before training, c level diversity staff, or self loathing reports about how googlers are not right colors and genders etc