- Myth of Microsoft country club! I joined Microsoft 3 months ago from Oracle. I consistently put ~45 hours and we are working on cutting edge stuff. I am in Azure ML. I keep hearing about the so called MSFT "country club" in blind but it seems like a myth or maybe I am missing something. How is 45 hour work week a country club? O
- What tech stack & tools are you using? Just wanna see if can get introduced to something new. Would be interesting if we could gather lots of info. I’ll start first. Company: MSFT Tools: git, Azure DevOps (VSTS), VSCode, Azure Functions, Jupyter Notebook, Cosmos DB. Languages: C#, Python.
- Python is not preferred for MS coding challenges? I was talking to a recruiter for an azure hiring event and was told that the team prefer c++, c# or Java, and she specifically said the manager told her Python is not preferred. Is this the norm for MS coding challenges?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- AWS Amazon financial analyst vs data analyst I have a recruiter asking me if I would rather be a financial analyst or a data analyst. I need to think about it pretty hard, as I’m switching from accounting (3 years). I want to make sure my new adventure is one that is fulfilling and purposeful to me. I would say I’m a pretty social person (acc
- Work in cloud or work in storage? SSD firmware guy in Bay Area here with about 10+ year under my belt. Recently discovered blind and was shocked that so many people with much less experience are making so much more at FANG. Currently making about 160k base and a TC of about 190k, all cash. Thinking about trying out in AWS, Azure, F
- Do Data Analyst jobs have future Throughout my 10+ years career I’ve been at different jobs - SDE, PM, Product Owner. For the last 3 years I started to look more deep into Data Analyst/Data Science area - watching online courses, reading books, doing some experiments after work, and I enjoyed it a lot. I’ve completed a couple of ce