- Recently fired/quit from startup, trying to come up with a plan A year ago i was hired as a data scientist in a very niche field at a pre-revenue start-up. i hated the job i had before, and this field meshed well with my background (i have a BS in biomedical engineering, which was related to this company’s value prop). i lived in Seattle (very expensive), but i
- Any insight into how it's working for HERE Technologies, Chicago? Interviewing for SWE. Apart from the obvious history of the company I could find online (mergers/acquisitions/rebranding/strategy pivoting).. Can someone tell me how the work culture is? Does the TC measure up with Chicago salaries? Potential for learning and growth with the company? YOE: 4 Years
- ESG Investment Analyst Hey there- first post! Looking for salary comps for a somewhat unique role in Investment Management- sustainability/ESG analyst. I cover equity research for all sectors but through a sustainability lens rather than traditional fundamental analyst. Been investment analyst for 5 years, was a sustaina
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- 4.5 YOE Finance in Amazon, just turned L6. Salary bump sucks, what's better out there? Joined Amazon as L4 Financial Analyst fresh from undergrad. Been with the company about 4.5 years and just became L6 Sr. Financial Analyst. The salary bump is very disappointing (only $18K), now TC $140K. Averaging ~60-70hrs per week, worked on 50% weekend for the last 2.5 years, doing the work no
- Self learning development: worth it? I ended up as a tech sourcer/recruiter just under a year ago. Apparently it takes about 3 years to make any money at all, and if it's not for me I'd like a good fallback so I'm not mixing concrete and cleaning up dead rats anymore. Realistically is there any chance I could land a dev job if I self
- Companies that do extreme programming? Recently I have seen quite a few startups adopting the extreme programming methodology similar to what Pivotal does, such as 90% pair programming, 9-6 firm schedules. I’m wondering how can those companies justify the strict rules and extra hours without paying above average salaries, while seemingl
- How do I negotiate a good salary if I’m unemployed? Hi guys. I was pivoted out of Amazon last month (around March 12). I took the severance package and then took a short break to travel around the world. I realize that being unemployed will set put me in a precarious position for salary negotiation and that I’ll get low balled. However, I’ve read se
- Looking for data analyst referral as my H1B can be in trouble - marketing/sales I’m willing to join on H1B receipt. I sense I can be in trouble next year as my performance was poor last quarter due to personal issues. so I want to make a switch before I lose my H1B visa. (4+ years left on my visa). Salary requirements - anything above $70,000 as saving my H1B visa is my priorit
- Yearly raises What’s the typical salary increase for Pivotal? If you don’t know, I’d like to hear about what it’s like at your company.
- Amazon Settlement money Settlement amount : What is the maximum amount did someone take away from Amazon as exit settlement after choosing severance in Pivot? Salary(Current month) + severance + leave Encashment + gratuity bonus?
- Software Engineering Salaries for Pivotal Labs NYC I looked at Glassdoor and it seemed rather low. How much can I expect for a senior developer with 12 years of experience? Seems like a cool place to work
- Associate Account Strategist career at Google? Recently got an offer for Google’s Associate Account Strategist role, which would require me to relocate and take a 7-8% base salary cut (I’ve been at my current company for almost 2 years in the digital advertising space). Would appreciate hearing about anyone’s experience with the role specifical