- Changing company after 8y?! This will sound really crazy to many, but I’ve been in the same company for 8 years. This is my one and only work experience, I got here fresh out of college (CS master) and stayed. So I have 8 yoe over one single employer. Over the years I’ve worked on many things: distributed systems, backend dev
- vote Airbnb vs. Uber SWE Offers I have offers from Airbnb and Uber. Both in SF 2yoe Uber software engineer II 152k base 13.5k-27k annual cash bonus 52k-105k annual stock refresh 50k sign on bonus 9600 stock units / 4 years at 409a price (I think this equates ~390k over 4 years. Correct me if I am wrong) Airbnb L4 SWE: 180k base
- Google cloud Tam vs big data consultant I bombed the role related knowledge interview in the final rounds of the big data cloud consultant at Gcp. However since I passed the cognitive ability and googleyness interview they are offering to interview me for TAM in gcp. What are the differences between the roles. What about TC and prestige a
and industry lounge.
- vote Faang vs non-faang Let’s say if you have 2 job choices to choose from considering salaries are pretty much same, I.e., BASED ON LOCATION, not same number in all places. Let’s say salary matched to 250k in Bay Area to other places 1. Faang in Bay Area 2. Non-faang or non tier1 in not so expensive places such as Austin
- Wait until I get promoted, or switch jobs? UX design making 86k (yes make fun of me) 1.5YOE. I think I have a good chance of getting promoted during mid year, but I think that would increase my salary by around 12%. Should I wait, or just leave my job? Thinking of staying just for that prestige and title, but think of hopping because I feel
- vote Atlassian vs Amazon I have offers from both of these companies and am having a hard time choosing between them. Atlassian advantages: Better culture/WLB, potentially more growth/ownership since it's smaller Amazon advantage: Household name, more prestige (at least imo) I want to optimize for salary and career growth