- No use of standups and status every day Guys, Is it only me or anyone else feels the same , that standups are useless every day ? It's too much of status...when...why everyday and on somedays every few hours status. The whole agile thing is overrated, its created just for managers and to make sure people work their butt off every day. L
- Sick of everything Sick of Trump politics , constant news, constant disruption and hustle and having to deliver and iterate something constantly due to short Agile sprints . Sick of job hunting , interviewing and leetcoding. Sick of nagging wife and the dog too. I often dream of working at a coffee shop in Portland or
- why not solve wlb problem using agile? People on blind often complain about WLB problems in companies. Just want to discuss a way to resolve WLB problem using Agile approaches. Let’s say you need to work 60h per week or work over the weekends. You can bring this up in sprint retrospective and say “we needed to work over the weekend thi
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Sensing suspicious activity I am sensing suspicious activity between the senior engineer in the team who distributes work across the team being biased towards contractors who belong to specific service based company. All the contractors in our team are from that vendor itself and it's not possible unless they are getting help
- YOU GUYS I DID IT So as we all know, agile/sprint universally sucks the life out of us and only exists to fund the egos of mythical project managers/agile coaches/scrum masters. Truly the greatest scourge of our era. Anyway, my team daily stand-ups were taking sometimes 30+ minutes where people used it as an opportu
- vote Agile scrum .... does it work for Software Developers? As an Individual contributor who has to do all the real coding I feel like Agile is such a waste of time ... we have spring planning, daily stand ups, reviews , retrospects, demo sessions every sprint !!! Sometimes these meetings take away 3-4 hours from my day !!! And daily stand ups can be very
- vote Agile/scrum/Sprint/stand-ups should be abolished Agree or disagree?
- Agile process for research projects? How is your team's project for monitoring research projects, using points for stories or hourly estimates for each sprint, similar to Agile software development. Management wants us to follow agile process for research and put in hours adding up to 80, for a 2-week sprint. ML modeling or research i