- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- Wonderful experience with a Recruiter Phase I: Interview - I applied online for a senior data scientist role at a large healthcare company in Minneapolis. An internal recruiter directly set me up for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I did well and they scheduled an onsite within 4-5 days. I eventually got the offer within a co
- Google closer to offer / need suggestions I did my first google onsite 3 weeks ago and Hiring committee said everything is good but they wanted to have one more design interview. I did my second onsite today only for system design. I think it went really well and recruiter told me that she will get back to me on Friday with the final resul
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- FB vs. Google (E4 & L4) Updated with offers: FB: 167 base, 360 RSU, 10% bonus, 75 signon Google (NOT a real given offer yet, but what I'm comparing against): 160 base, 420 RSU, 15% bonus, 75 signon (But I'm assuming FB will give refreshers year1, while Google won't & FB can get to E5 a year earlier than L5 at Google). --
- link Cisco's recruiter pestering for my salary and other offers It's been 2 months in since I started with phone screen and recruiter is very slow in responding and taking about 3 weeks for each next step, so far 2 phone screens and one on-site in last two months. During the on-site, the lead engineer saying " you are open in the market for long time as I first
- Interview Kickstart Experiences? Scam? Has anyone here gone through the Interview Kickstart program? In researching online it seems the next two cohorts are full and they have been around since 2014. You would think, given the type of people that would go through this program and it's supposed popularity, that alumni would have written a
- link Free Software Engineering Mock Interviews are really headhunting firms in disguise interviewing.io and pramp are nothing more than headhunting firms in disguise. If one performs poorly on 3 mock interviews then these free venues conveniently say they're "busy" or "beta mode, try back later" and refuse to schedule another. I don't blame them - their profit model is to funnel top pe
- Had a really good experience in Quora interview Had an onsite interview in Quora this week. The experience was great — people are super nice and coding problems are interesting. Wanted to join, thoughts?
- Can 5 strong hire be rejected by Google HC? Is the chance still high that Google Hiring Committee overturns the interview panel's decisions? The recruiter called me right after the on-site and said 'great job! It's rare to see all interviewers have reached a consensus. You got 5 strong hire'. And started discussing the comp over the call. I
- Justification for not maintaining eye contact I gave an onsite interview at a company last week. Recruiter emailed me saying that: They have positive feedback on tech side but they are concerned that you didnt maintained eye contact during onsite. You're still under consideration but they wanted to interview other candidate and decide about yo
- Looking for referrals for Airbnb/Quora/Lyft/Slack Hey guys, I’m a software engineer with ~2 years of experience working in Canada looking for opportunities in the states for better career development, especially at Airbnb, Quora, Lyft and Slack. I keep applying for these companies, but never got a chance to get a single interview with any of them
- Is it worth to join interview kickstart coding interview bootcamp? Is it really worth the time, to join a coding interview bootcamp especially InterviewKickstart? I did get to read some reviews(more positive and 1/2 negatives) on Quora too. Is it worth only for new graduates?
- link Interview Prep Hi. I have an upcoming interview at Facebook for a data scientist role (they call it data science, it's really product analytics). This is the role: https://www.facebook.com/careers/v2/jobs/209905326241987/?q=data%20science%20analytics&location=menlo-park I want to make sure I'm really well prepare
- Quora People who work at quora, how is the company doing internally? How is the mood in the engineering team? I am considering if I should interview with them.
- Backend Engineering at Quora I recently interviewed at Quora for a backend engineering role. The people I interacted with seemed very nice, they asked very good questions during the interview and I enjoyed the day being with them. The office space was relaxing - at times it didn't feel like an office to me. How is Quora's back
- Quora interview Interviewing for the ML engineer role. What to expect? Leetcode level? Any tips on preparation can help greatly!
- Private companies offers, what do I need to know? Hi, I have been recently interviewing with many companies some of which are still private (airbnb, uber, quora, etc). I have been at FB for two years, joined as a fresh grad, got promoted to E4 in two halves and expected to be E5 soon if I keep the same track but I’m interviewing to see whats out th
- Stripe PM Interview Anyone familiar with Stripe’s interview process for Product Managers? I know it’s a relatively (couple years?) new role there (according to Quora), not finding anything on Glassdoor and elsewhere.
- Quora Machine learning intern interview Anyone interviewed for this position before? Looking for other’s experiences
- Quora SWE-ML Interview? Recently met with Quora at career fair, mentioned I was looking for new grad roles and had interest in ML. They reached out and asked to set up interview for SWE-ML: should I expect standard algo/ds or more ML focus? There wasn't a new grad role specifically for ML so not sure of their expectation,
- Data Scientist phone screen - Quora What to expect in the data scientist interview @ Quora. Any help is appreciated . Thanks!