- vote POLL: Why Warren's wealth tax plan is the worst thing ever Warren's tax plan in one sentence: 3% wealth tax per year for >$1B and 2% for >$50M. Why it is worst thing that could take US to deep shit: Let's take the example of Bill Gates. Bill Gates is worth $100 Billion, but that’s almost entirely in stock. Under the Warren proposal, he would suddenly ow
- link Layoffs @ Capital One https://www.geekwire.com/2019/capital-one-leaving-seattle-impacting-160-engineering-product-jobs-closes-tech-hub/ If their San Francisco office is still around, how long will that one last?
- Capital One Incoming Layoffs? Anyone else get the vibe there will be significant layoffs at year end? And I mean in excess of the year end stack-based management cuts. So far I’ve heard of: - A hiring freeze (not sure of scope, but maybe enterprise wide) - Ending contracts of new contractors - Not renewing longer, existing cont
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Tower Research Capital Does anyone has details about recent layoffs in tower research capital - I have heard they have fired some senior level people also. Is tower on the verge of shutting down? How is jump and other firms doing this year?
- Affected by Capital One Layoffs? Zillow Group is Hiring Senior SDEs Sorry to learn of the layoffs at Capital One in Seattle. I am looking for Full Stack Engineers with Open Source experience to help with our new product Zillow Offers. Zillow Group is the best company culture I have worked for. If interested. Drop me a message. All the best, Tom