- Ageism and layoffs Paypal had layoffs recently and I heard that most people were in their 40s. Is this a common tread at other companies? Doesn't this constitute as discrimination? I understand that older employees usually get paid more but still somehow I don't think this is right especially if they have invested mos
- The most challenging work you did recently I have to be honest here, I work on a product(small distributed system) that impacts millions of people directly, a very fast paced environment which is totally feature driven. It's obviously domain centric because I work for PayPal and majority of the problems I solve is with money movement. It's h
- Career growth reflection I just wanted to write this out because I have a bit of time…I’ve been self reflecting on what I achieved over the course of 4 years with regards to my software engineer career in the Bay Area. 2 years ago I was a software engineer at PayPal earning 96K TC straight out of college with B.S. in CS. I
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- What are tech career switch options for NetSuite Administrator? Hi all, I have a diverse background in web development (on-campus job in my Masters), system administration (NetSuite, Atlassian products of Jira, Confluence, FishEye/Crucible). I also have exposure to DevOps role wherein we deployed new releases for web applications - codes being in batch script, T
- Splunk vs PayPal Which company has more future career potential, Splunk or PayPal? mts2/principal level. I have 15 years experience. PayPal offering low end $400K and Splunk is offering $50K less.
- Paypal or Western Union? My younger brother is graduating this week. He has offer from Paypal and WU for Software Engineer position. Paypal offers little higher than WU. Since it’s beginning of his career, learning opportunity, work culture and growth matter more than money. Any suggestions? Any comments?
- CA WARN report What insights are you able to draw from this report? https://www.edd.ca.gov/Jobs_and_Training/warn/WARN_Report_for_7-1-2018_to_06-10-2019.pdf Some of the things I noticed... - Even some big names in Tech regularly let go significant # of employees - Apple/Western Digital/Tesla/Paypal/Marvel/Symant
- Career levels at Paypal? I saw product managers at various levels on LinkedIn. Such as director, sr manager, manager, lead PM, PM lead etc. what is the level ladder at Paypal like? curious since I am talking to PP for a product role. I got contacted for a L26 role, is that a lead PM or sr manager PM or an IC role? TC 310K
- PayPal Manager-2 offer and company review Hi, Folks at PayPal and others with relevant info, can you please share your thoughts on the following offer? Role is at Manager-2 level (work similar to product mgmt) Offer: 160K base + 80K RSUs (over 3 years) + 15% performance bonus +7.5K relo Background: 8 years work exp, 6 years at top-tier
- Good company in vancouver Hi i worked in ebay,paypal while in US. I recently moved to Vancouver.just wanted to see what are best companies to look for a career build both in dollar and career vise satisfaction
- SWE Referral Hello beautiful people from Blind. I am a Grad student in CS from a top 10 school & am graduating in Dec'18. I am looking for full time SWE roles & seeking referrals in the following companies (no particular order as such) LinkedIn Lyft Cruise Uber Apple Oscar Stripe Square Twitter Robinhood Pa
- Choosing between companies based on h1b 2 offers- paypal and startup. Paypal says they will file h1b this april, startup says they will do it next april. Currently on 1 year opt, opt extension for 2 years aftr that. I really want to begin my career in a startup.but worried about the h1b scene. Please advice if its too risky to go to a sta
- link Virtual Tech conference for mid level women in tech, career growth advice https://elevate.girlgeek.io/ Free virtual conference for mid level women in tech, more experienced tech women are sharing their knowledge on career development. The times are in PST so if you're on the east coast it's only a half day off work (12pm to 7pm EST) It's this Wednesday April 18th Mozi
- Sr Risk Analyst @PayPal In talks with recruiter for Sr Risk Analyst role @PayPal San Jose. Wanted to know about compensation, culture, career growth etc. Thanks!