- OCI COMPENSATION IC-3 Recently got a verbal offer from Oracle OCI. Location : Seattle downtown Base : $150k Stocks : Approx 90k per year [ 6500 vesting across 4 years (25 % at each anniversary) ] Sign on bonus : $ 20k Total TC : 150 + 90 = $240 k No target annual bonus or guaranteed refreshments. 3 Years of work
- what do engineers do at big tech companies Just a general question from somebody outside the tech scene - what do engineers (YOU) do at established tech companies? *instagram - no changes to the front end, no new feature.. what do you do all day? *facebook - same old just a refreshed interface every long time *Netflix - mobile app’s remained
- Career growth reflection I just wanted to write this out because I have a bit of time…I’ve been self reflecting on what I achieved over the course of 4 years with regards to my software engineer career in the Bay Area. 2 years ago I was a software engineer at PayPal earning 96K TC straight out of college with B.S. in CS. I
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Did (Do) top companies layoff during recession? What was the case in 2008? Did Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon layoff employees and how big was it?
- 3 onsites with Facebook, Google, Amazon - no offer Friends, I was really hoping to get in one of these companies when interviewed at Facebook, google, Amazon. I prepared really well for more than 1 month but no luck. I was laid off 2 months ago for no good reason and it was done part of mass layoff in January. I could really use your help for any
- vote Data on WLB and job security from polls on FAANG + other large tech companies [x-post] [Sharing here after realizing that many folks on Blind don't have access to Tech Lounge] Q1. Working over 40 hours per week Facebook: 13/19 = 68％ Lyft: 11/18 = 61％ LinkedIn: 39/68 = 57％ Amazon: 31/55 = 56％ Cisco: 26/47 = 55％ Two Sigma: 6/11 = 55％ Apple: 21/39 = 54％ Airbnb: 7/13 = 54％ Uber: 14/27 =
- vote Leave or stay? Hi all, I am considering a(n attempt to) move to Google. After seeing comp levels (SDE II) on levels.fyi, it feels like I'm throwing away a lot of money by staying at Amazon. But I think I'm also about 2 years away from a promotion. At the same time, a recession seems imminent. I wouldn't want to
- Pay and job security Which companies in bay area has higher pay and job security for software developers. After looking into layoffs at firms like Uber, SAP, Nio I feel it's a very scary environment out there. I still feel firms like Facebook Google and amazon won't have layoff in near future...