- Expecting the stock market to crash soon? There seems to be lots of consensus that we're about due for a crash. Is it worth moving some funds out of the market and into something more stable for the short term? I've got most of my savings in Vanguard's Retirement 2050 fund, and while it's done well (~15% per year) the last couple of years,
- Expense Investment Saving Ratio For after tax after 401k salaries, do you think spending about 50% on living expenses, investing about 25% in Vanguard Retirement fund, saving 20%, and keeping 5% for fluidity a good allocation ratio? Renter, no home, no loan.
- Where to park money? Where should I park the money I’m saving for a house? I already max out post-tax 401k ( havent looked into mega backdoor yet ) and put aside 3k / month in a Vanguard index fund. Where should I put the rest of my money after bills, rent, etc. to maximize saving for a house? (And don’t want to play wi
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- VTSAX or vanguard target retirement fund I put my money into VFFVX - a 2055 Target date retirement fund. Noticed a lot of people saying they just do VTSAX - am I missing out on returns being in VFFVX? Do you not put anything in bonds/safer investments and why? I'm 28 btw, TC 250K
- 401k plan Vanguard target retirement 2050 trust or T. Rowe price retirement 2050 fund?
- Parking cash for down payment? Sounds like a lot of people on here are parking cash for a down payment on a place or hoping to eventually snatch a bargain on a real estate investment. Where do you keep this money and how are you having it work for you? Let’s keep retirement funds out of the discussion and talk short-medium term.
- Are vanguard target retirement funds ok? Assume I’m mid 50s and have about 100k in savings (total) and don’t expect to make much more money. I do have an almost paid off house.
- 401k investment mix? My question is specific to empower retirement (could apply to others as well) What is your investment mix? Which funds do you select and what percentage? I have 90/10 equity/bond mix with 3 vanguard funds (1 large cap -35%, 1 mid cap-18%, 1 intl-22%) and 20% dodge cox intl My year over year growt
- Best Vanguard index funds I opened a Vanguard account recently and just invested in a standard year X retirement fund without investigating other options. What are the highest return, lowest cost funds in Vanguard? I can investigate this myself but was hoping to save some time.
- Vanguard target fund - retirement What target funds do people use for retirement 401k saving? Do you really use ideal retirement year? Trying to understand if better right now to use safer fund since economy cannot stay this good forever.
- Vanguard target date retirement fund vs select your own Vanguard target date retirement fund has an expense ratio of 0.05 and vtiax total international stocks had an expense ratio of 0.11. Isn’t the latter expensive? Target date fun d includes this so why do people buy individual funds rather than target date? Aside from being able to control the breakdo
- Vanguard 401k fund symbols In my 401k account from Amazon, I have following funds: Vanguard Institutional 500 Index Trust Vanguard Target Retirement 2050 Trust Select I want to track them using Google finance's excel function, but they don't have a public symbols. And prices are different from their similar public funds. Is
- Investing HSA money Where do people invest the HSA contribution? No health issues per say, but may use the money for child care in future (i think this is allowed) else its just retirement money but my 401k is Vanguard 2050 retirement fund so wanted to diversify a bit too.