- what do engineers do at big tech companies Just a general question from somebody outside the tech scene - what do engineers (YOU) do at established tech companies? *instagram - no changes to the front end, no new feature.. what do you do all day? *facebook - same old just a refreshed interface every long time *Netflix - mobile app’s remained
- Uber Legal org. - take offer? Received Uber offer from Legal org. Nobody in this org. was affected by layoffs from what I hear. Had 3 on-sites so far, including at Facebook and LinkedIn, and this is the only offer. I could continue interviewing but a bird in hand... The hiring manager wants me to accept / start ASAP so if I do
- Fb sol eng -> eng offer Hey guys, I received a FB Solutions Engineering offer ~10 months ago, which I declined. That was the only role they were hiring for in NYC, but I wanted a traditional engineering role. A month later, the recruiter reached out with an engineering role but I had already joined Uber. In light of the
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Career growth reflection I just wanted to write this out because I have a bit of time…I’ve been self reflecting on what I achieved over the course of 4 years with regards to my software engineer career in the Bay Area. 2 years ago I was a software engineer at PayPal earning 96K TC straight out of college with B.S. in CS. I
- vote Data on WLB and job security from polls on FAANG + other large tech companies [x-post] [Sharing here after realizing that many folks on Blind don't have access to Tech Lounge] Q1. Working over 40 hours per week Facebook: 13/19 = 68％ Lyft: 11/18 = 61％ LinkedIn: 39/68 = 57％ Amazon: 31/55 = 56％ Cisco: 26/47 = 55％ Two Sigma: 6/11 = 55％ Apple: 21/39 = 54％ Airbnb: 7/13 = 54％ Uber: 14/27 =