- uber layoffs - DM me for an interview at Google for all you Uber engineers that were layed off, DM me. would be happy to chat about roles at Google
- what do engineers do at big tech companies Just a general question from somebody outside the tech scene - what do engineers (YOU) do at established tech companies? *instagram - no changes to the front end, no new feature.. what do you do all day? *facebook - same old just a refreshed interface every long time *Netflix - mobile app’s remained
- Let's Help Our Friends At Uber! Team Blind, please give accounts from Uber unlimited private chats for now so they can pass their info to people offering referrals. There's a giant thread with users volunteering to help. Otherwise they run out at 10 a month. Don't make them choose places to ask for referrals after just losing thei
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Career growth reflection I just wanted to write this out because I have a bit of time…I’ve been self reflecting on what I achieved over the course of 4 years with regards to my software engineer career in the Bay Area. 2 years ago I was a software engineer at PayPal earning 96K TC straight out of college with B.S. in CS. I
- vote Data on WLB and job security from polls on FAANG + other large tech companies [x-post] [Sharing here after realizing that many folks on Blind don't have access to Tech Lounge] Q1. Working over 40 hours per week Facebook: 13/19 = 68％ Lyft: 11/18 = 61％ LinkedIn: 39/68 = 57％ Amazon: 31/55 = 56％ Cisco: 26/47 = 55％ Two Sigma: 6/11 = 55％ Apple: 21/39 = 54％ Airbnb: 7/13 = 54％ Uber: 14/27 =
- Pay and job security Which companies in bay area has higher pay and job security for software developers. After looking into layoffs at firms like Uber, SAP, Nio I feel it's a very scary environment out there. I still feel firms like Facebook Google and amazon won't have layoff in near future...