- People again HR1044 or S386 are against fairness to all. Sad to see in a country like USA which has raised above all discrimination have people like these who oppose a simple and sensible bill like this. When the discrimination does not happen based on your color, religion and citizenship why it should happen on place of birth? Seems obvious that those se
- Busting some myths around HR 1044 with data One of the many arguments against HR1044 is that the India GC queue is mostly filled with "low merit" applicants from Indian consultancies that pay far lower salaries and import low skilled Indian tech workers into US. Did some digging to come up with the following 2 data snapshots about GC filings+2
- HR1044 - fairness for high skilled immigrants Do you think it's going to pass? What effects do you think it'll have on the tech industry? I personally think the increased mobility will lead to wage increases for everybody.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- hr1044 consequences Just my 2 cents: 1- If they want to introduce a positive change, let's first increase the ridiculous cap on eb visas, maybe add extra 100K (the extra cap can be free from country limits), this will help to clear the backlog. 2- If this bill succeeds (unlikely) there will be an exodus of non-Indian s
- HR1044 - Few pointers ROW is concerned about the increased wait time due to this bill. ROW is asking Indians why not increase GC so that it will fix problem for everyone. ROW resented that Indians are working on a bill which would harm ROW, but what they are not realizing is that Indians would love to have more GCs beca
- I am off to Canada Just got myself transferred to Canada. Got a PR in 6 months under express entry. After 7 years in the US, I want to say fuck you to the American government. Most incompetent pieces of garbage. I love the country and the people, but the downright racism with this per country cap nonsense is unaccep
- What are HR1044/S386? A few questions. Why do people care? People on blind usually don’t care about politics, and they just care about TC. I read both bills. I have some questions: 1. People say it will only benefit some specific groups, and hurt most. I don’t see it. It seems fair, right? 2. Why do we only change the way of distributi
- link Analysis on the impact of HR1044/S386 to Rest of the World, and what you can do about it Analysis of the impact of HR1044/S386 to Rest of the World, and what can you do about it? The purpose of this thread is to discuss the impact of HR1044 on immigrants from the Rest of the World excluding India. This thread is not created for the purposes of discussing the merits of this bill. What
- HR1044 now has 290 co-sponsors, making it eligible for voting and debate on the house floor. https://www.facebook.com/ImmigrationVoice/posts/2406475196085357
- link S386/HR1044 (per country caps removal bill) on fox news Some senators in the judiciary are trying to add the per country bill to the asylum bill as an amedment. if this happens, the S.386 will pass the Senate without any hearing or discussions. . Watch Lou Dobbs talk about 386 in the video below @1:55 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLauwLCW-iY&feature
- link Rand Paul introduces S2091, the better HR1044/S386 To all the Rand Paul haters (who blocked S386): I guess you were wrong. He just introduced S2091 which includes a variant of S386 (i.e. it removes country caps) but at the same time significantly increases (eff. 4x) the total number of available GCs, especially employment-based GCs. This should effe
- HR1044 going to house next week Folks, fyi the bill is going to house next week. Looks like it will pass this time... Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I am indian btw. TC: Peanuts
- link Do not pass S 386 ! Sign the petition ! For my fellow Indian friends who oppose this bill as I do. Please sign this and forward on your whatsapp groups as well. PS: People from any country can sign, I mentioned I’m Indian so that my beloved Indian friends don’t start the rant about racist Anericans. We are in this backlog mess but FCFS i
- link HR1044 - How long you have been living & waiting in the USA? Please reply to this tweet https://twitter.com/PresImmAlliance/status/1151597882258219008 with message “I came to the US in 20__, went to @ college #stillwaiting #hr1044 #s386” This will be helpful for PresImmAlliance.
- vote Will HR1044 increase or decrease time for Chinese I wanna know how to feel
- Better solutions to H1B? Ok, forget hr1044. Everyone agrees the system is broken. We got a bunch of problem solvers here, what’s a better system. Assumptions: 1. No open borders (pipe dream) 2. Has to be long term beneficial to US economy I have my view on this but would like to see people commenting first as the post at
- When will Hr1044 be voted in senate? .
- Remove Country based cap on green card? Tc 180 What do you guys think about HR1044..it's aiming to remove country based green card backlog that should benefit indians and chinese folks. If passed, the number of green cards issued will be restricted as: Fiscal year 2020 will have at-least 15% of Green Cards for non Indian and Chinese peop
- link Will HR1044 ever pass Good article, just thought of sharing.. https://medium.com/@hr1044update/will-h-r-1044-ever-pass-c50d9131eb06