- Happy Independence day from an Indian immigrant I come from what is called the largest democracy. Yet unlike the almost unrestricted freedom of speech in the United States, arrests (if not convictions) for liking Facebook posts criticizing political leaders are not unheard of. Sedition charges were once booked on students who cheered for a Paki
- Gimme Google and Google only! As an engineer, I want to get into Google soooo bad. No other company is remotely even close to being as desirable. I used to be interested in Facebook but I don’t believe in the future of their product and the brand has been shattered. Is there any other company that can come even close to the elit
- link H1-b Transfer - LCA Odds of Denial UPDATE: Guys I would like to apologize for the misinformation I provided yesterday. It was not intentional, the data (link provided below) is there referred to as H1b program data and description field for Case Status is given as "Status associated with the last significant event or decision. Valid
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Does Facebook take offer back due to RFE wait ? Got an offer to Facebook to be an analyst. Received an RFE status two days ago. Reached out to HR and lawyer but no reply. 1. Is it possible for Facebook to take back the offer due to longer wait ( being a little paranoid)? 2. How long does the lawyers normally take to prepare a response to the RF
- H1B woes! I am in my last 3 years of H1B and recently a recruiter from Arista Networks has reached out to me and the first question he asked was about my visa status and when I said I was on H1, he said he got instructions from his management to not to proceed with H1s coz of the current immigrations policy m
- Applying to Facebook Will Facebook take your private messages and past status updates into account while considering your application?
- Contract @ Google/Facebook? In a pickle and hoping for some advice/interesting views to help me make a tough decision. Current YOE 9, TC ~$190k. Summary: I recently interviewed for non-tech FTE roles at Facebook and Google but am now looking at contract roles at both. Tl; dr: stay put in a good job in a dying industry, or ass
- link Lyft T4 vs Facebook SWE Rotational Posting here on behalf of my wife : I have an offer from Facebook as a Rotational Engineer (145/0/60) and an offer from Lyft as a T4 (185/550/20). FB offer has no equity and a 12 month offer after which if I graduate then they match me to a E4 or higher. https://www.facebook.com/careers/life/fa
- Any such thing as a positive social network It seems every social network seems to have a negative impact on the user's mental health. Facebook/Snapchat - Well known. What's app - I think the status is evolving into that. Blind - TC or GTFO And I can't abandon it, it's a disease. TC:~300K, L64
- link FB couldn’t get any worse > Facebook brings in rightwing news site the "Daily Caller" to factcheck articles https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1118842134575177728
- vote Single FAANG people, do you have your current job/work history on Facebook bio/status when meeting new people/dating? Why or why not? Is it more convenient to not have to mention where you work to people you meet in real life (potential partners) cos they can already see it on your Facebook bio/status. Could this potentially attract more gold diggers? Am I digging myself a hole by not having job details on my Fac
- Does it hurt my chances if Google knows I was rejected by Facebook? I really want to work at Google, and recently finished an on-site at Google and Facebook. The Google recruiter asked me to keep her updated on my application status with Facebook, so I told her they rejected me. Could this affect the hiring committee's decision at Google?
- Facebook recruitment process I received a call from Facebook recruiter to schedule an interview after applying online. After asking about my Visa status,(which is F1-Stem opt) they decided not to move forward with my application,just because "I have only 22 months left on my OPT". She said that the business needs of Facebook re
- Advise for someone in 30s I am TPM in my current role. It's been a disaster for last couple of years. I don't think I enjoy this role any more. It's all about politics and tracking status. At the end of day, there is zero recognition despite doing mammoth of work. I like to focus on technical things. However, I am not gettin
- Need Opinion From Hiring Managers Got into Facebook while working with a company for fifteen days. I hadn’t mention in my resume that I was working with a company and neither was I asked about my current status. While discussing about my joining situation, I had to tell my hiring manager that I am working currently. He asked me ab
- link Facebook is for friends? https://twitter.com/Hellchick/status/942863353403150336 tl;dr, "my friend died but Facebook hid the post from me so I had no idea." Facebook employees, how does the company react internally when it fails to meet its mission? Do people feel bad? Does it inspire teams to do better? Does anyone even
- Facebook interview result and waiting I interviewed for Facebook data engineering manager position around May 2nd week. I felt it went well. I got feedback couple of weeks later saying "all liked you but they are looking are more manger experience, so they are not accepting for this position, but since they thought you are good candida
- Immigration questions from Facebook One if my friends from UK is interviewing for a designer role at Facebook (Menlo Park). She is in California on work Visa. However prior to setting up the interview with hiring manager they asked her to fill a questionnaire regarding I-140 status, years left on H1-B etc. Don’t usually companies ask