- Supporting Democracy The revenue logic of Facebook is not consistent with the interests of democracy. -Larry Diamond Agree or disagree?
- What's the appeal of all these unprofitable IPOs with terrible to no voting rights? Yeah increasing revenue is nice but what's the point of purchasing shares of a company that is nowhere near profitability, has terrible voting rights alongside future share dilution and no dividends? At least Facebook and Google were profitable before they IPO'ed.
- Will facebook last ? What’s facebooks competitive advantage or largest revenue streams I can’t see them lasting too much longer next 5-10 years. Still just the facebook platform and WhatsApp, instagram? Do they have other moonshots I don’t know about or other large revenue streams ?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Does anyone believe ad products actually work? Here’s my take on digital advertising after 10+ years in the industry and having worked at Google, Snap, and in the agency world. I’ve personally spent hundreds of millions of dollars throughout my career. ———————————————————— -Attribution is still absolute dog crap. No one knows how to properly
- What is Facebook upto? 1. Fake news and political propogandas 2. Age limit: Now it allows kids below 13 to use a restricted messenger so that they onboard to the platform early 3. Full of advertisements. 4. Former employees are regretful on what they have created It's destabilizing the social fabric. The platform is
- Which company is better for product: Facebook or Google? 🤔 Assuming all else is equal, i.e. good manager, like your team, interesting product etc. Facebook positive differentiators: -astronomical DAU/MAU, so much reach -move quickly and launch fast, lots of opportunities to ship product -fun hacker culture, strong experimentation frameworks -strong vision
- Advertising Sales compensation in Seattle and San Francisco/Bay Area Trying to put together a presentation that ad sales at Microsoft is underpaid vs other competitors. Would love to hear from folks at Google, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Snap, etc. What does your total pay structure look like? I'll share to start: highest level for non-manager (independent contribu
- How does it impact IT companies when recession kicks off Amazon: e-commerce revenue could decrease, consumers focus on life essentials and become more price sensitive, AWS growth may slow down What do you think of Amazon, Google, Facebook, Netflix, Uber, Lyft, Microsoft etc in recessions? Which company can do even better during recessions? YouTube, Face
- Facebook Those of you that are individual investors in Facebook stock, what is your take on the reasons for revenue deceleration ? Is it as simple as the new story format monetizes differently and will take longer to get to the same levels as newsfeed ?
- link The peeps who matter at Lyft Good write up from The Information. The People Who Matter at Lyft Below are 104 of the top employees at the ride-hailing company, including operations (the biggest group) and two organizations that are gaining importance within the company—growth and autonomous vehicle research. Employees a
- An insiders PoV at Uber. I've seen a flurry of posts recently which outline the decline of quality with regard to Uber and ride sharing in general. I wanted to drop a post here just to be heard. Let's begin: Uber simply does not care about the quality control aspect of the experience anymore, they understand how the wheel
- How much to expect for fb pm role with 10 years experience How much is fair to ask for facebook Product management role? I have 3 years in semiconductor industry as a pm and 7 years in small and medium size consumer web venture backed companies. Most recently headed product for a 50 person company that did around 250m+ in revenue in 2017. Not sure if Experi
- Seeing only ads on Facebook feed Logged in into Facebook after a long time. Used to be good a few years back when my friends were actively posting. But these days 90% of what I see on my feed is just ads. Really boring. Surprised Facebook as a company is doing so well. I know they have other products , but isn't this like their ma