- Teams in Facebook london What are some of the interesting and important tech team in Facebook London? I know about workplace, but personally I don't find it a very interesting team to work for. What kind of work does Oculus, AR/VR teams do? Do they hire generalist backend engineers? What's it like to work for the infra team
- link Oculus Co-founder was fired So the Co-founder was fired for being Pro-Trump. Is political alignment a deal breaker to find employment in the valley? Is this a right precedent? Does one need to conform to political ideologies of the Big brother? https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/facebook-fired-palmer-luckey-oculus-vr-co-founder
- Stay at Uber or join FB? 8 YoE. L5. Comp is not a concern. Solving interesting problems at Uber, but considering an offer to work on AR/VR at Facebook. Cash is better at FB, stock upside higher at Uber. Attracted by top notch team at FB. Pulled back by tech for global presence of Uber.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- L6 SDM Looking For Excellent Teams @ Amazon Seattle! Hi Amazonians! I have an approved offer to join Amazon as a L6 SDM. I'm currently looking for excellent teams to join that need an experienced SDM. I have 12 YOE, 5 as a manager. I've been a front line manager leading ICs and I've also managed managers @ MSFT and at a startup. I have a background
- Facebook Interview for specific team or generic SWE role I got reached out to by a recruiter to interview for a a specialized VR team at Facebook. I have no practical experience in the field and only 1 YOE overall. Because it’s a specialized team I would interview for the team directly and not go through FBs generic SWE process and boot camp. My recruit
- Facebook reality labs Is the Facebook reality labs (AR/VR/Oculus/Spark) teams in London hiring? Will you get to select any of these teams via bootcamp? If yes, do they hire generalist backend engineers as well, or only interested in frontend/computer vision specialist engineer?
- Facebook AR/VR infrastructure team work-life-balance score? I heard that every FB team has a work-life-balance score, is it true? If it is, could anybody in FB share the score for the AR/VR infrastructure team? One of my friend is considering apply for this opening. Thank you for the help!
- Oculus VR and Facebook Is the TC for oculus and Facebook the same for same levels? Is oculus like another company owned by Facebook or is it more like another division within Facebook with RSUs, benefits exactly same as Facebook? Why is it branded as a separate company with a different logo? Do people wear a Facebook bad
- Reality labs at facebook Multiple fb recruiters pound me about reality labs @facebook. I understand it's VR / oculus rift team. Anything good happening there? I'm in computer vision field. TC: over 500k this year if NVDA continues to do good.
- Future of VR Anyone buying the new Oculus from Facebook or wait for new PS5 VR? Thoughts?
- Oculus Go Hey @facebook people what is the skinny on release date of the Oculus Go? I have a shit load of VR porn that I have lined up for that device
- Oculus/Social VR product designer interview I am scheduled to go onsite interview for Oculus / Social VR and am wondering if the interview process is similar to facebook interview? (whiteboard challenge, app critique) Can anyone from Oculus/ Facebook comment on this?
- AR/VR product management role in Bay Area? I am looking for a AR/VR product management role in companies like Google, Apple, Facebook or in startups headed in the future. I have more than 12 yrs of experience in tech and out of that more than 5 yrs in Prod mgmt. Challenge is that in big companies the positions are not visible and are fill
- Vr Game Designer/Engineer looking to transition to Software Engineering One year left in undergrad (degree in game design). I've worked for 2 start ups and one large company designing and engineering for games and other interactive experiences. Some of the projects I've been on have won awards from IGF, Indiecade, and SXSW. I find that I'm not very happy doing the type
- Oculus GO I just tried on the VR Gear. I think this will change the world, and I want to invest in Facebook. Anyone think investing is Good or bad idea?