- Fellow Indians waiting on GC what keeps you going To my Indian mates, what keeps you living in this country when the GC queue for us is infinitely long. I am frustrated now, I feel like I am always under the stress to keep my status and have to do that forever. How do you guys handle it? Do you think it’ll ever get better for us? I am thinking w
- Anyone else notice the marked increase in passive anti Indian feeling in the Bay Area? 3 passive incidents I encountered in the past week during ride-sharing alone. These are 15 minute rides which I'm summarizing here. I stay quiet and listen, I don't respond to these btw. White male, 45-55 years old: Asks dozens of questions on my visa status, how a transfer was possible, what work
- Housing advice for new bay area resident I start at FB at the beginning of September (TC 320k signing bonus 50k) and would like some advice on where to live. I grew up in Chicago but have been living in suburbia for the past 8 years and am pretty done with it. I've been on active duty in the USAF for that entire time and don't really have
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- VP Eng at early stage startup or Senior Manager at FAANG I'm facing an interesting career fork. I'm a startup veteran (seed to D, never worked at FAANG) and been an exec (VP Eng) for the last 4 years now, managing teams as big as 45, and building them from scratch. If I'm honest, I enjoy the job, the status and the power that comes with it. It also fits
- I hate the FB “active”, “1m ago” status... Because of this functionality, my girlfriend and I have been having arguments recently... If I just open the FB app, or messenger app - my status shows as ether “active” or “1m ago active”... and my girlfriend constantly sees this and then asks me why I didn’t message her if I was “active”... Simpl
- Is Facebook not hiring people with H1Bs? Today I had an external recruiter reaching out to me regarding a potential opportunity in the "world's largest social media company". We scheduled a call for tomorrow and then finally during our conversation she asked about my visa status. I told her I got my H1B picked in lottery this year and the
- Okay to give 2 weeks notice before you have h1 transfer receipt ? Currently SWE at FB on H1B, leaving for SWE at another company soon. I am mentally checked out and my manager is annoying me with regular status updates, wlb is crap, want to gtfo ASAP. The law firm (BAL) is about to file the petition this Friday. So I should have the receipt by next Wednesday.
- Best way to improve social status without changing jobs? Amazon is kinda at the bottom of the food chain right now. How do I improve my status to be like the happy folks at Google/FB? Don’t say leetcode
- Contract @ Google/Facebook? In a pickle and hoping for some advice/interesting views to help me make a tough decision. Current YOE 9, TC ~$190k. Summary: I recently interviewed for non-tech FTE roles at Facebook and Google but am now looking at contract roles at both. Tl; dr: stay put in a good job in a dying industry, or ass
- link Lyft T4 vs Facebook SWE Rotational Posting here on behalf of my wife : I have an offer from Facebook as a Rotational Engineer (145/0/60) and an offer from Lyft as a T4 (185/550/20). FB offer has no equity and a 12 month offer after which if I graduate then they match me to a E4 or higher. https://www.facebook.com/careers/life/fa
- vote How long will the FB black sheep status last? There’s been a lot of shit talking about joining Facebook. How long do you think that will last? Is this the new reality?
- Facebook recruitment in Singapore I applied to FB Singapore in March but did not get any response from FB Singapore at all. My friend from FB tried to help me figure out the application status but no answer either. Can anyone help me?
- TN Visa at FB Anyone a PM (or any other position) at FB under TN visa status? I’ve been a PM under the “Economist” category for a few years at my startup and wondering if FB is flexible in making a TN petition letter “work” for the position / employees background (given that at face value, PM doesn’t necessarily
- Do we tell FB recruiter that Google didn't work out My fb recruiter know I interviewed at Google few days before fb. If he ask about Google status , should I say it didn't work out. Will it result in low balling if I made through fb
- How to follow up with Recruiter to get feedback/info? Just curious. Do y'all have any pro tips how to word emails to recruiters to get feedback after an interview or status update to the interview process? After rejections, I always try to follow up and ask for feedback. All companies (except fb) never bothered to respond. Also, I'm also struggling to