- link Another Uber Exec quits: Chief Product Officer https://www.recode.net/2018/5/17/17366882/uber-jeff-holden-flying-car-leaving Daniel + Jeff are both out in a short time frame. Not a great sign when your product leaders jump ship.
- Uber hires another senior exec fired from Google for harassment I learnt Uber hired another guy from Google in senior leadership position who was fired from Google for sexual harassment issue.
- link Uber Again Surprise! It’s Uber again. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/uber-exec-hornsey-resigns-following-discrimination-probe.html
- link Amazon and Microsoft - Assaf Ronen? What's the vibe on this guy? https://techcrunch-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/techcrunch.com/2018/03/08/uber-brings-on-amazon-voice-exec-assaf-ronen-to-lead-product-team/amp/
- Teams at Uber Got an offer from Uber and considering the following teams: data platform team and the marketplace team. Talked to leaders and the marketplace guy sounded like a solid exec while the data platform was not showing any enthusiasm (burned out perhaps?) Uberities what do you advice for a senior engine
- Laid off - How to Address in Resume + Interview So I am one of the folks affected at the Avvo acquisition by Internet Brands (so I was laid off and not fired). I am non-tech. Curious what recommendations everyone has (especially recruiting folks) in terms of handling a layoffs and applying for new jobs. Given the whole Uber situation in the new
- Contract @ Google/Facebook? In a pickle and hoping for some advice/interesting views to help me make a tough decision. Current YOE 9, TC ~$190k. Summary: I recently interviewed for non-tech FTE roles at Facebook and Google but am now looking at contract roles at both. Tl; dr: stay put in a good job in a dying industry, or ass