- vote Technical incompetence at Wayfair -- is there anything worse?? Is there anything worse than Wayfair at this scale in terms of sheer technical incompetence and poor engineering practices? Wayfair's codebase and infrastructure are stuck in a pathetic, sorry state. The PHP repo, the databases (which are all mirrors in some way), the vertical scaling -- it needs t
- What is the food chain in Facebook Which position considered to be more prestigious or better from Data Scientist, SWE with ML specialty, ML engineer, Research Scientist, or Product Manager? I have a technical background with many years of experience in ML/AI field. Also, I have an MBA from top school. Which position considered to
- Google vs Facebook employees Google employees walked out in protest to voice their demands. When Google does unethical things, more than 1,000 employees sign letter calling on executives to review ethics and transparency. Facebook employees just shut up and code. Why we never hear from them with all what is going on at Facebo
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link Zuckbot bans iPhones for execs! 🤦♂️ What a fucking clown! 🤡 🤣 Facebook employees: how embarrassing is it to work for a clown? https://9to5mac.com/2018/11/14/zuckerberg-forced-facebook-executives-to-give-up-iphones/
- Facebook employees crying What the hell. Now the shaming of executives is happening inside Facebook. Along with zuckerboy commenting he wouldn’t go to the Kavanaugh hearing like Kaplan did. When will liberals grow up ? The gop base is more energized because of the left stunts and now the news show that Facebook has intern
- Looking for data analyst referral as my H1B can be in trouble - marketing/sales I’m willing to join on H1B receipt. I sense I can be in trouble next year as my performance was poor last quarter due to personal issues. so I want to make a switch before I lose my H1B visa. (4+ years left on my visa). Salary requirements - anything above $70,000 as saving my H1B visa is my priorit
- How come Facebook keeps losing executives? I have my second on-site at FB coming up, but all this news lately is making me think it might not be the best time to join Facebook. Am I wrong to feel that way? Back to leetcoding now.
- link Whats is the Future of FB Seems like top people already/ soon leaving Facebook. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/01/all-the-facebook-executives-who-announced-departure-so-far-in-2018.html
- link The peeps who matter at Lyft Good write up from The Information. The People Who Matter at Lyft Below are 104 of the top employees at the ride-hailing company, including operations (the biggest group) and two organizations that are gaining importance within the company—growth and autonomous vehicle research. Employees a
- link Facebook Portal’s claims to protect user privacy are falling apart Sometimes even Facebook executives don’t understand the vast reach of their ad targeting operation Here is the link: https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/17/17986992/facebook-portal-privacy-claims-ad-targeting
- What's the best team to work at Facebook as a SWE? My goal is to work on things that will give me the maximum exposure to executives. What are the teams that are closer to the money at Facebook? Where can I make a measurable positive impact to the bottomline?
- link Interesting article on start up salaries https://www.businessinsider.com/a16z-data-startup-executives-salary-equity-bonus-pay-2018-9?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=auddev-biprime-0016 Looks pretty extensive and along the lines of what I’ve heard/experienced. Thoughts?