- Got another paycheck and more from previous company? My last day was on 8/31 and I received a direct deposit on that Friday. Today I received 2 direct deposits. One is the usual amount and the other is about 70% of the usual paycheck. Any ideas what’s going on and if this money is safe to use?
- vote How many of your surrounding colleagues in your company do you think are just coasting for a paycheck? People browsing Facebook, reddit, shopping sites all day. And people browsing Blind too. If you leave a comment, please indicate your answer choice.
- Have you gotten your yearly bonus? Thought it would appear in the last paycheck of 2018. It didn’t. Company said will pay yearly bonus in Feb. Is that expected?
- Paycheck calculator What's a good link that would accurately calculate they paycheck I'm to receive. New to a company and want to make financial decisions based on this. And different sites are throwing different numbers
- Getting paid for ads/promotions/affiliates from your employer Being on h1 visa makes you tied to your employer and forbids getting any revenue streams beside your paycheck. So say a person works for Google and also runs some adsens ads, does it still qualify as getting your paycheck from your only US employer? Another thing is how legal it is to use Google ad
- FICA tax on partial OPT and H1B I was on OPT for few months in 2017 before getting my H1B. My company did not withhold FICA tax from my paycheck until October 1 (start date of H1B). When I file my tax return, will I need to pay FICA tax for whole of 2017, or only partial year (after October 1). Is later even possible? Thanks in a
- Underpaid, limited visa, what do I do Software engineer here (5 YOE), I'm working for an outsourcing company and I moved from Europe to California Bay on a L1 visa. My total compensation is 130k (I only get the base salary). Changing jobs is literally changing countries again because L1 is linked to the company. I don't have a degree s
- Working spouse contribution My company is charging me with an extra amount for working spouse contribution with every paycheck. Basically, I'm paying extra amount because my spouse is working and oh my health insurance plan. If I declare that my spouse isn't working, how will they find out if my spouse is working or not?
- Notify employer before bonus reflected on pay check I got my h1b transfer approval yesterday . my manager notified about my performance and told me it will get reflected on next paycheck which is 31st . can I notify my manager now? Can they actually cancel my performance bonus based on the fact that I'm leaving the company?
- Job layoff consequences and solution My friend got laid off last June 4 (last paycheck ) and is looking for new jobs/ h1b visa transfers and other solutions . I got few questions and clarifications. 1. How many days can the person be on H1 and stay in US? 2.Any contacts for consultancy / contact positions to run paycheck to stay back
- Making money as CEO of a early stage Startup CEO I have my own seed funded company with about $600k in funding, after 6 months without a paycheck. We are about to launch and have managed to acquire some major clients for when we do. However, even once we do launch we will have to bootstrap this until we get a proper series A. What jobs do you rec
- My competence is preventing me from taking the startup plunge I have one failed startup under my belt (was the founder). after that I have been in the belly of a large company. I am treated well, get a large paycheck, have advanced my career significantly. I had told myself that I will get back to a startup and the years are slipping by. What advice will y
- How to talk about current job? When interviewing how do you talk about current job? Specially if your not from a top tech company. Like if they ask talk about a project I enjoyed... I'm in finance and everything is pretty boring. I'm happy with my job and I enjoy it. But I cant really sound excited about it. I just do the same t
- Where do I start learning about product management? I want to leave SAP. Being labeled as a “high performer” and seeing that turn out to be a $20 increase per paycheck isn’t fun. What should I start learning when all I can do is ABAP , SAP SD and strong customer facing communication skills. And I’d like to stay in the east coast. Not uproot life f
- Taking a second job I’m employed at an unnamed company(this is my old company) but have absolutely no work to do for the foreseeable future. I recently got an offer to work at a startup remotely 100%. The startup said it was fine if I maintained some level of work with existing employer until I needed to leave. The exi
- Layoff packages- what were you offered? I'm wondering what deal Apple gave the "iCar" people who were laid off (as opposed to reassigned to other projects). Come to think of it, the only person I know who has been laid off recently was at Google Fiber when that project reduced by a sizable chunk. Offer was, for some months proportional
- Returning sign-on bonus Switched company in three months after joining. Offer letter said sign-on must be returned if leaving in less than one year. But nobody asked me for it at all, nor the HR during exit interview and nor my manager. I already got my last paycheck with vacation cash out money and there was no deduction
- Resigned from Microsoft Today :) Well, I tried. I really tried to make it work at Microsoft but the place is just psychotic. I’m sure there are pockets of goodness here and there but I sure as hell couldn’t find it. I tried switching teams...had over 30 internal applications for jobs I was qualified for but was only invited for on
- #quittingGoogle in under a year It’s been less than a year and I am very sure that I will at least leave my team and probably the company. Who has done this? How rude are they about pocketing your final paycheck or clawback on signing and relocation bonuses? (I assume this can be avoided because they don’t want to slam the revolvi
- Retention bonus So last month I had my annual comp review. My manager tells me they're going to keep me where I'm at. I complain to some key people and a couple weeks later get notice that the company will be giving me a $15k "spot" bonus to "show appreciation for my contributions" to the company. Ok, better than n
- Trying to decide if I should job search. I've had just current position for 9 months. In some ways it's a dream situation but it also kinds drags on me. I work remotely for a small profitable company. I get paid as a contractor because they don't have business operations in my state get paid 100k plus healthcare costs. I live in a medium
- link Google employee: I was involved in the internal decisions involving James Damore, and it's terrible what we did... Saw this on other social media. Unverified, but apparently, a Reddit account validated as James Damore himself seems to vet some of the content. Pretty disgusting if this is what things are coming to. "I was involved in the internal decisions involving James Damore's memo, and it's terrible what