- Sexual harassers making a comeback in tech So a lot of men in tech and venture capital stepped down from their companies because of sexual harassment scandals last year and I've been wondering, what are they doing now? I know some have continued to work in the industry under the radar -- starting new companies, opening new funds, etc. Like K
- Joining late stage venture funded company a good idea? Thinking about joining a mature late stage customer Data company. They are pretty bent on going IPO rather than be acquired. Is this an exciting time to join a company like this...or will there be tons of uncertainty?
- Why don't engineers at FAANG leave after 1 - 3 years to start their own companies? I'm just wondering why 10x engineers at FAANG don't break into startups after two to three years of working at these top tech companies. Is it that they don't have ideas to run with as a venture or they just don't like to start their own company because of their TC and job security? I'm only curio
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- College Dropout looking for advice Hello all, Back in 2015, I was in my first year of business school, I struggled. Not so much with the work load, rather with the ability to maintain my focus. Give me a challenge and I will execute with precision and work until it's done, yet I didn't have an ounce of passion or drive to complete m
- Transition from M&A to product management currently work in software M&A but hope to eventually transition to venture investing. Before that i want to work in a product management role for a large software copmany to develop operating skills and have a better uderstanding of whats going on inside a company. Any advice as to what types of th
- Bored and unmotivated to work. Need advice I work in an Amazon subsidiary. Reasons I am bored and unmotivated: 1. Mostly average engineers in the company. Some are plain dumb and yet being promoted, which says a lot about the management. 2. New SDE-2's being brought from outside while neglecting promotion of SDE-1's inside of the company
- Fremont to SFO city.. Have an offer from a startup in the city. Okay, let's get TC out of the way first. $200K no bonus and.5 % equity in the company. CEO sold previous company for few 100 mill ans raised close to 60 for new venture. Company is 40 people so cannot disclose name. Now the question. Have two really young ki
- Post-IPO - what's next? For those of you that have received (or will receive) material liquidity ($250K+), what do you plan to do with it? Start a new company? Venture investing? Etc?
- Venture capital or PM @facebook? Me: - 15 yoe - had many near successes (acquihire, worked at iPo company that then ranked, etc) - currently in a part-time role at a venture fund Two offers: A. FB PM (e6)- $440 tc ($250 + 200 rsu) B. Smaller VC Principal- $210 tc ($140 base + $70 bonus)+ small profit share, with expectation of P
- How much to expect for fb pm role with 10 years experience How much is fair to ask for facebook Product management role? I have 3 years in semiconductor industry as a pm and 7 years in small and medium size consumer web venture backed companies. Most recently headed product for a 50 person company that did around 250m+ in revenue in 2017. Not sure if Experi
- vote Google Start Date vs Series A vesting HM seems to have strong preference for earlier start date (April/May). But I hit my cliff mid-June. Worth it to win favor with HM by starting earlier or nah? Series A company so questionable how to value the options. CEO's previous venture is a unicorn but hasn't exited yet.
- Making money as CEO of a early stage Startup CEO I have my own seed funded company with about $600k in funding, after 6 months without a paycheck. We are about to launch and have managed to acquire some major clients for when we do. However, even once we do launch we will have to bootstrap this until we get a proper series A. What jobs do you rec
- link Is Google working on developing apps for the blockchains? This is true? "The company is also pushing its developers to build apps on the Ethereum blockchain, and Google’s venture arm, GV, has made a number of significant investments in crypto startups. " https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2019/02/04/navigating-bitcoin-ethereum-xrp-how-google
- Quit a high pay job for startup I had always wanted to do my startup like many others until I found my current snd prior role. It pays well and I guess I am doing OK. Honestly I gave up on my startup dream until recently when a friend of mine who made a fortune by selling his startup of 7 yrs to a bigger org. I am being asked to
- Career advice Been working for a video game start up for about 3 years. We just landed a huge publishing deal. I just graduated from a CS degree. My capstone professor wants me to create a startup with it. A cousin of mine wants me to move to Miami to work on mixed reality applications for brain and spine surgeon
- Startup vs Fortune 100 TC What kind of compensation change should one expect moving from a large org to a startup? e.g. Target to a venture funded growth stage company. TC 170~
- How to survive until making substantial fund Fabless semiconductor company, a high tech startup having lots of potential that guaranteed from high level talents and high quality patents over the world. I heard that most semiconductor company takes more time than companies in other industry, like at least 6-9years to produce the chip design and
- link Funding @BuildingConnected We just announced our Series B ($22M) yesterday. As we look to hire many people in the coming months, I wondered if anyone has advice to share or lessons learned going through a big growth spurt? Thanks! More info on our company below: https://medium.com/lightspeed-venture-partners/the-linkedin-f