- Sharing offer numbers Just joined FB as SWE in ML. 10 years of somewhat unrelated experience (not SWE) and PhD in CS before that. Base/RSU/BonusPct/StartingBonus/TC. TC doesn't include starting bonus. In chronological order of offer. Dropbox, IC4. 210/600/20/0/402 FB, E6. 225/1M/20/100/520 Google, L5. 190/920/15/100/4
- Is there life outside FB/GOOG? It seems as if you either work for the big guys and rake it in or you're worthless. I make 300k all in, excluding options, at a <$100mm revenue startup. Report to the CEO. Many people at FB and GOOG who know me insist I should join one of them instead and double or triple my guaranteed cash. Alway
- FB outage impact on revenue Any ideas on how much this outage cost them? Do they have good measurements of the revenue loss?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Tech companies in recession Which tech companies will be ok during recession? Which ones will be hit the most? For example, FB will take hit since it relies on Ads, advertisers and SMB will spend less. Netflix will see more subscribers growth as people cut off expensive cords, but what about ads revenue and investment on ori
- Does anyone believe ad products actually work? Here’s my take on digital advertising after 10+ years in the industry and having worked at Google, Snap, and in the agency world. I’ve personally spent hundreds of millions of dollars throughout my career. ———————————————————— -Attribution is still absolute dog crap. No one knows how to properly
- F and G leveling for leadership roles Talking to F and G. PM by core trade but in recent years have run a $100mm P&L with a 150 strong global team, been a very smalltime CEO (<$5mm revenue), and a small company ($50mm revenue ballpark) SVP role. Assuming I'm deemed competent, what sort of level should I expect at FB or G? Is this an L7
- Facebook FB has been downgraded from hold to sell. What's going on there? Losing dig ads revenue??
- link plans to restrict data access on fb Too late to restrict data access, the users have already left the site. May be fb should have shared revenue per thousand impressions to users for using their data. No free lunch! https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2018/04/restricting-data-access/