- Amazon PTO How much PTO we get at Amazon when we start working we a SDE? How much PTO we can borrow in our 1st year?
- Amazon PTO accrual Say I worked 1 year at Amazon in the past. If I join again, will I be stuck at 2 weeks for first year, or will they look at my accumulated employment history and accrue me at 3 weeks per year in a new stint ?
- Does Amazon reimburse you for unpaid leaves? When you leave amazon, does Amazon pay you back for any unused PTO?
- PTO policy Hi blinders wanted to know how strict is PTO policy at Amazon. I know they offer 2 weeks of PTO during first year and then 3 weeks. But wanted to know in general how does management at Amazon takes PTO policy. Do they take it very seriously? Usually in my experience in IT companies since most of us
- Amazon or Startup Going to get an Amazon offer in AZ. Talking with a startup where I got an in. Most likely not AMZ money. Startup with unlimited PTO. Amazon PTO sounds rough. 1. What should I expect from AMZ? 2. Thoughts on startup? What would you take over AMZ. Current TC 100K. YOE. 4.5 Will post update on AMZ
- vote Amazon Compensation Considering a switch to Amazon. Plan is to stay there ~2 years to get the experience and brand name on my resume. However I know Amazon isn't the easiest place to work. I'm really (probably too) comfortable currently. Perks are good (free food, unlimited PTO), environment is relaxed. If you were i
- Amazon Japan Vacation I have been considering making the jump to Amazon, specially working out of their Tokyo office. Until they told me that only give 6 days PTO year, i.e. 3 vacation and 3 sick days. I was like... WTF, I get 30 now. Total deal breaker. I enjoy my work, but this is ridiculous.
- Google vs Amazon Okay, I am sure that there are tons of these. But I wanted to try and understand why Google is almost always considered to be better than Amazon, and Amazon is generally considered to be sucky. But looking at a Google offer and here are some things: 1. Google does not seem to pay more than Amazon.
- vote Would it makes sense to join Amazon if I plan to marry this year? Got few offers and Amazon is one of them. If I plan to marry at some point this year, is it a good idea to join Amazon? Asking because of the ridiculous PTO, public holidays and the extra pressure to work a lot more. To give more info, this will be a SDE-2 position and
- Indeed vs Amazon If you were a new grad having offers from these companies in hands, which would you take and why? Both are software engineering roles. Starting comps are quite similar but Indeed seemed to have better raises. Amazon Pros: - bigger brand - broader range of projects - better internal dev tools Cons:
- Do I move or not? I got pip'd early this year on my 3rd team, fortunately survived it and switched team. I was super frustrated as I felt I wasted almost a year on my last team and my career (at least at amazon) was almost ruined. Everytime I recall the experience, I feel regretful, furious, and a few complex emotio
- Would you trade you're job for a lower paying remote job (hypothetical) I’m currently the sole UX designer at a small (about 10 team members) 100% remote company. I’m thinking of trying to make the jump to Microsoft or Amazon. To help make the decision I wanted to describe what it’s like working here, and see how many UX designers at Microsoft or Amazon would want to sw