- Amazon vacation policy is now better than Google in Bay Area I worked at both Google and Amazon. Just found that Amazon in the Bay Area offers 15 days personal time off + 3 days floating holiday + 9 fixed holidays per year for 1st year employee. For 2-6 year employees, it increases to 20 days PTO. This is as good as (even a little bit better than) Google, a
- Why do Amazon benefits suck? Amazon is one of the biggest tech companies and yet I feel like their benefits are worse than some smaller tech companies and they don't seem to take care of their employees as much. No free lunch, no free prime and you have to accrue PTO which seems pretty outdated to me. I get the leadership princ
- vote Amazon Compensation Considering a switch to Amazon. Plan is to stay there ~2 years to get the experience and brand name on my resume. However I know Amazon isn't the easiest place to work. I'm really (probably too) comfortable currently. Perks are good (free food, unlimited PTO), environment is relaxed. If you were i
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Amazon PTO I’ve heard that amazon PTO is 2 weeks for the first year and 3 weeks for every year afterwards. Is that the same for every level? Does amazon have any “personal holidays” to supplement the vacation time? Also how is vacation time accrued?
- link Yelp Engineering Levels/Culture? Evaluating an offer and have some questions. What do the Yelp levels mean? Does it progress like Amazon levels? Is IC3 senior? Is it a good place to be an engineer? Is the morale high? Good culture? Good learning opportunities? Are there any talks of free food? Are the benefits good and is the l
- Cancel onsite today since I likely won't accept the offer I've been through a lot of onsites recently, and last night I sent a cancellation email for an on-site today. It would be nearby me, so no hotel or flights or anything. I talked comp range beforehand, and they gave me a top band but amazon came back with an offer that's way higher than their top ban
- Google vs Amazon Okay, I am sure that there are tons of these. But I wanted to try and understand why Google is almost always considered to be better than Amazon, and Amazon is generally considered to be sucky. But looking at a Google offer and here are some things: 1. Google does not seem to pay more than Amazon.
- link Coast or seek high TC in FANG? Mid 40s male living in Chicago. Work a comfy government job with a low 135k TC with excellent WLB and flexibility (40hr weeks, 0 travel, tons of PTO). I can always take off to see my kids school events. Wife has 100k TC => Household TC is 235k. Our net worth is currently 1.8M. Goal is early retire
- vote Would it makes sense to join Amazon if I plan to marry this year? Got few offers and Amazon is one of them. If I plan to marry at some point this year, is it a good idea to join Amazon? Asking because of the ridiculous PTO, public holidays and the extra pressure to work a lot more. To give more info, this will be a SDE-2 position and
- AWS PTO Amazon doesn't give to much PTO huh. Do they allow hours to roll over year to year or is it use it or loose it?
- Amazon Japan Vacation I have been considering making the jump to Amazon, specially working out of their Tokyo office. Until they told me that only give 6 days PTO year, i.e. 3 vacation and 3 sick days. I was like... WTF, I get 30 now. Total deal breaker. I enjoy my work, but this is ridiculous.
- Would you trade you're job for a lower paying remote job (hypothetical) I’m currently the sole UX designer at a small (about 10 team members) 100% remote company. I’m thinking of trying to make the jump to Microsoft or Amazon. To help make the decision I wanted to describe what it’s like working here, and see how many UX designers at Microsoft or Amazon would want to sw
- Amazon PTO How much PTO we get at Amazon when we start working we a SDE? How much PTO we can borrow in our 1st year?
- Amazon or Startup Going to get an Amazon offer in AZ. Talking with a startup where I got an in. Most likely not AMZ money. Startup with unlimited PTO. Amazon PTO sounds rough. 1. What should I expect from AMZ? 2. Thoughts on startup? What would you take over AMZ. Current TC 100K. YOE. 4.5 Will post update on AMZ
- AWS Contract and Non-Compete and PTO? Received an offer and contract from AWS. They seem pretty broad on the Non-Compete. Overall just seems like a ton of info etc in the contract compared to what I signed for MS. I’m guessing unless you leave in a negative way or get to L7+ the non-compete is likely not enforced. But I’m curious if th
- PTO policy Hi blinders wanted to know how strict is PTO policy at Amazon. I know they offer 2 weeks of PTO during first year and then 3 weeks. But wanted to know in general how does management at Amazon takes PTO policy. Do they take it very seriously? Usually in my experience in IT companies since most of us
- Indeed vs Amazon If you were a new grad having offers from these companies in hands, which would you take and why? Both are software engineering roles. Starting comps are quite similar but Indeed seemed to have better raises. Amazon Pros: - bigger brand - broader range of projects - better internal dev tools Cons:
- Do I move or not? I got pip'd early this year on my 3rd team, fortunately survived it and switched team. I was super frustrated as I felt I wasted almost a year on my last team and my career (at least at amazon) was almost ruined. Everytime I recall the experience, I feel regretful, furious, and a few complex emotio
- Does Amazon reimburse you for unpaid leaves? When you leave amazon, does Amazon pay you back for any unused PTO?
- Amazon PTO accrual Say I worked 1 year at Amazon in the past. If I join again, will I be stuck at 2 weeks for first year, or will they look at my accumulated employment history and accrue me at 3 weeks per year in a new stint ?