- link IBM uses A.I to find employees who are about to quit with 95% accuracy https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/03/ibm-ai-can-predict-with-95-percent-accuracy-which-employees-will-quit.html what the fuck ? Explains their complete lack of a promotional career path
- Job stability Which company is more likely to lay off employees? Intel or IBM? I got two offers for similar positions from these two companies and are evaluating job security.
- link IBM purged ‘gray hairs’ and ‘old heads’ They probably know they are going get sued but well prepared ahead of time to fight off. When are the tech workers going to wake up and fight this off. This is all we look forward to in future. "In the past six years alone, IBM has discharged over 20,000 U.S. employees who were at least 40 years o
- Does your company allow personal credit card for travel? Curious which companies allow employees to use a personal credit card for booking business travel vs forcing use of corporate card. And if corporate, do you get to keep points? Details appreciated. IBM - Forces booking of air, hotel, car, and anything else bookable on Concur on the corporate card.
- link IBM Age discrimination accusations going public Is this common knowledge among the tech employees at ibm? Of course, no company gives a shit about its employees, especially not one with 300,000 of them. But it does seem like everyone I’ve heard talking about this on the internet is like “great, good thing they’re going to get this dragged out in
- Why is IBM full of people who are really bad at what they do? I’ve never witnessed that many underperforming employees at the same company. ibm. This goes for developers, PO’s, managers (all levels), UX, etc. There are a very few people who are good at what they do, but for the most part, I feel like I am part of the leftover from the tech industry... people w
- link Anyone worried about RIFs and how your company does it.... This is a sobering take... these are the kinds of tactics your company may well use to do it: "Among ProPublica’s findings, IBM: Denied older workers information the law says they need in order to decide whether they’ve been victims of age bias, and required them to sign away the right to go to co
- Is Amazon worth the hype? I keep getting harassed by Amazon recruiters every week, spamming my inbox and linkedin begging me to apply. I was just wondering how many employees are actually working on high-end technologies at Amazon? I know a lot of folks who work their but they all work in teams like A9, goodreads, etc. Mostl
- link Google, Apple ditching college degree requirements *How will this affect software engineering tech salaries?* Hi Blind Community, CNBC reported "More than a dozen companies, including Google, Apple and IBM, are no longer requiring applicants to have college degrees" (https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/15-companies-that-no-longer-require-employees-to-
- IBM 401K matching I have a question on IBM's 401K plan: From www-01.ibm.com/employment/us/benefits/2019_Benefits_and_HR_Programs.pdf: • Automatically enrolled into the before-tax 401(k) at 5% of eligible earnings after approximately one month on payroll, if no action taken • May increase contribution up to 80% of p
- Rate your company’s reputation/brand/prestige? All the tech company tier lists I’ve seen seem kind of shitty, so what do employees think about their current company’s prestige in terms of the brand name looking good on the resume or good reputation for having the best engineering talent? Please rate your company’s prestige from 1 to 4, 1 being