- link 3 YOE - 5 Offers - Seattle I’ll lead with this: I’m a straight white guy with a neutral-American accent and US citizenship, so I have a lot of unfair advantages in life that not everyone is lucky enough to get. Blind was a big part of what inspired me to seek out higher compensation and gave me confidence in my negotiation,
- Massive layoffs at TMobile 25 people on my team of 40 were laid-off this week. All vendors have been advised to downsize. They're not interested in employing Testers or Scrum Masters. They want to reduce the number of TPM's. The delayed sprint integration has fucked it up for everyone. It was a shitty company to begin with. M
- vote Areas to live near Microsoft. As the title says, starting a new job up in Redmond soon with MSFT. What's everyone's opinion on the ares to live in? Some context: Male, single, 24, having things to do is important but I'm not sure if a long commute is worth the sacrifice. I'd also like to have an active dating scene and the abil
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- vote Will you buy this 2.6M house with my TC and cash? I move from Bay Area to West Bellevue for a new job at FB. Initially we set the limit to 2M, Then found a 2.68M house. We really liked it and the school is the best (Medina) for two kids. The monthly payment is 13000, if I put 30% down. My current home mortgage payment is only 3000. TC: 460+270. My
- Google, Kirkland: Living in Downtown Seattle and taking the 255 bus to work? Sensible? Out of my mind? Finally got that FANG job, Fk Yeahhhh I guess... Moving to the Pacific Northwest to work at Kirkland. I have these constraints: - Housing cost less than 2500 USD - No roommates, 1b1b for myself - Commute less than 30 minutes each way (I can adjust my life around low traffic times) - Urban area Is i
- Buying a house in Seattle area. I will start my job very soon in a big tech company. My gf has been working at a big tech company for a year. We moved from another country to US. We are thinking about buying a house eventually. We are thinking about find a place around 600-700k. We are thinking about getting a townhouse and rent o
- Locations for investment properties? I have cash flow positive locations in Bellevue WA, Leavenworth WA, Bend OR, and Hood River OR. They all pay for the mortgage + about $300 - 400 on top. It is not enough to retire on, until 30 years later when the mortgages are paid off... As the title suggests I would like to get the fuck out of t
- Need manual testing/QA role referrals for my wife My wife n I are moving to Bellevue from Bay area due to my job change around November(date is flexible). She currently works as a QA tester for Apple through a 3rd party company with around 6months exp. She also has 3 yrs of experience from India. It would be great if someone here could provide her
- Which offer is better and why Finding it difficult to choose between two Expedia (current job): Location: Bellevue/ Seattle Base : 160K Position: Senior software engineer Joining bonus 10K RSU : 300 vesting for 4 years Bonus: 12.5% Start up: Location: Dania beach Florida Base: 150K Position: Senior software engineer Joining
- Referral I need a referral for my wife on tech companies at seattle and bellevue location. Job title: Software engineer Preferred companies: Facebook Twitter Adobe Uber Lyft Zillow Tableau Visa Salesforce Cisco Airbnb Any other companies recommedations will be fine too.Thank you very much.
- Best area to live if working at Microsoft Redmond office I will be a new implant to WA soon. Moving there to start my new job at Microsoft Redmond. Have no idea about the neighborhoods there..what is a good place to live ?? My priorities are closer to work (15 min drive or 30 min shuttle ride), markets, stores, food places around, rent around 1300$ for a
- Seattle folks: Is Snoqualmie, WA Too far to live Might be relocating to the seattle area. My job would be in Bellevue and would like to know if Snoqualmie would be too far of a drive to work? Thanks
- Feedback on offers & next move - Received offers with Similar role and Band (125-130K Base) + (5-10) K Bonus @ Bellevue, Thousand Oaks - LA & Phoenix for a SDET position. Out of all three places and offers mentioned , which one is better. Looking for below things to consider for my next move 1) Decent Future Opportunities if not
- Choose of university for SDE Hello fellow Developers, PMs and all, I have a question for y'all that's been a very hot topic of discussion between me and my friend. How important is the university one's graduated? The answer would be in two domains one is the search of the very first job, the other is the afterwards in your care
- Salesforce onsite interview I have an onsite interview next week at salesforce bellevue office for lead MTS position. This will be my first job interview after 9 yrs. Any tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks !
- Oracle CX ( Customer Experience) team feedback I am currently interviewing for the full stack development role: CX team at Oracle. Specifically for Alistair Galbraith org. Job description mentions short term projects without a clearly defined development process. Is the job stable in this team? How is the work culture and how different is it fr
- Making friends new city I moved to Seattle/Bellevue a couple months ago with no friends or family in the state. Im trying to meet more people but am having a hard time because I usually meet others through friends but I dont have real friends yet, just a coworker I hang out with. My team are all older adults with families
- Referal I'm working as a software engineer at T-MOBILE. I'm looking for a new job any company with good pay is fine, looking in Seattle or Bellevue/Redmond area.
- link Project Kuiper Kuiper is building a small satellite network for broadband internet. With the foundation built at BlueOrigin, maybe this could be some real deal? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.geekwire.com/2019/amazon-lists-scores-jobs-bellevue-project-kuiper-broadband-satellite-operation/amp/
- Interview attire Have an all day on-site at SAP Concur in Bellevue. This isn’t a software engineering job, but is a technical role. Is Concur a suit and tie kind of interview, or more casual?
- Therapist suggestions Any suggestions for good therapist in Seattle/Redmond/Bellevue? Going through very bad/low mental state. It’s taking toll on my relationship. Have a great job, got few more new offers, have good relationship, but still feeling low, distracted. Not even sure what the trigger or real reason is!