- WHERES MY PAY INCREASE (msft rant) Everyday I witness lesser engineers getting huge payouts at google and Facebook, this must change at Microsoft! I work hard here and deserve a raise. Honestly, 200k just isn’t worth the amount of effort I put in as a new grad. I roll in the office around 1130 ready to work. WHERES MY PAY INCREASE!!
- 🔥 Rant about Manager 🔥 Keeps changing acceptance criteria and blaming me for delays. Threatens me constantly by saying he will say bad things about me to my skip. Actually goes and talks sh*t about me to my skip when I’m not around. Asks for feedback and then refutes the feedback. Gives me impossible constraints on de
- How flexible is Zillow in terms of relocation? I have received an offer today from Zillow. The team I interviewed is in Seattle. I don’t know if the team exists in SF or not. How flexible is Zillow if I want to work from SF office? I have also received an offer from Microsoft Seattle - Azure Data and Intelligence group (TC: 155k, Level 60) Whi
- Criteria to get Walked out What is the criteria to get walked out from Microsoft and how does HR define going to a competitor? Looking for people who actually got walked out from Microsoft or managers/HR who know the process to help answer my questions 1. Who makes the final decision to walk someone out? HR or manager? 2. I
- What is the achievement of Satya Nadella? Microsoft has a massive Indian population and almost all Indians will tell you that Satya Nadella is "kicking ass". But I fail to see why. Let's see positives. Today MS is posting lot of profits (which they did even under Steve Balmer). And yes there is lot of positive press (acquired Github, Min
- vote Is it worth working for Google Cloud? I am an L5 SDE. TC 245K (mainly stocks + base 155K). YOE 6.5 Received an email from google cloud recruiter to choose a role that fits me. And the options are SWE, SWE Infra, SWE SRE, SETI, and Data Engineer. Given my experience, I will be evaluated for L3/L4 Engineer which will have 4 to 5 onsite r
- Microsoft Linux = Microsoft + Ubuntu If Microsoft bought Ubuntu and created a Linux distribution with Enterprise/AD integration, the Windows 10 GUI (same interface, same base apps, just as smooth to interact with in every way), and ported over their most popular applications to work beautifully with the distribution (Office, Outlook, E
- Where did you go after leaving Microsoft India? India specific question Google : small office, less teams Facebook : no engineering office Apple : customer support related work Netflix : no engineering office Amazon : does anyone even go here after MSFT Any well funded startups offering a good deal and having a strong engineering culture? Plea
- Microsoft L67 Engineering Manager seeking external opportunities in Seattle I am L67 Engineering Manager in Microsoft with TC of 500K. I work in Office 365, and consider myself fairly knowledgeable on distributed technologies. I am looking for similar opportunities in Seattle/Bellevue area. Thinking of trying in FB, Oracle, Salesforce and Google. Perhaps try few companies i
- Is it a good idea to join Microsoft instead of NVIDIA I got offers from MS Azure Compute team and NVDIA. Both are in Redmond office in Great Seattle area. Now I tend to join MS considering the company brand and career growth. Will it be a good decision for career growth and potential money. MS level is 63 and NVD level is IC4. The total comps are very
- Why is Microsoft so bad at anything online? Internal websites, employee tools, Office 365, Yammer, Skype, VSTS, Azure Portal, etc. They’re all so BAD. It hurts. I want to stab out my eyeballs anytime I try to do something simple. How is it all so buggy and terribly designed? Why? Aren’t there tens of thousands of engineers? Doesn’t upper ma
- Isn't Goog undervalued? Goog has YouTube which is atleast worth the same as Netflix. Ads network : 10 times that of FB. Google Cloud: Still small but a lot of growth potential and this market has place for 3 big players. Productivity tools : GDocs on web is much better than office 365. Waymo: Could be big. Playstore networ
- Spice up things at work Lately, I find my job very boring as I work as IC and don't have enough motivation. I am thinking to start an educational channel with how to videos on Azure, Office 365 development. Any other ideas are welcome. How do I start this as I suck at video editing. What else can I do to network? TC
- MSFT Interview Groups Recently got onsite interview invitation from MSFT. I can choose from one of two groups to interview with: Information Protection(Office 360 security), or Azure Storage. Any thoughts about these two groups? Culture, career development, etc
- Azure Networking Sunnyvale office How is the team culture ?
- Applying backend engineer position without experience I’m wondering Airbnb only hire backend engineers with exactly matched experience. Actually, I just got rejected from another unicorn company. The recruiter told me I did coding and system design interviews well but the hiring manager concerned that I don’t have any backend server or distributed exp
- Promotion in office org How you can compare promotion time in office org compare to azure org? Slower than azure?
- Supply chain at Microsoft? Any insights into the devices supply chain org at Microsoft? Will be interviewing shortly for Sr PM role. Is it considered on par with other Sr PM roles in like Azure.,office 365 in terms of compensation and recognition?
- Salary for Microsoft Dynamics Global Blackbelt Technology Sales Pro Hey Everyone, I'm seriously considering officially applying for a Microsoft Dynamics Global Blackbelt Technology Sales Professional position. Informal discussions have already started. I could really use some advice to prepare myself to negotiate salary. Here's the job description • Strategic Sales
- vote How many software devs who can work off site (cloud dev) get to do so? What percentage of time can you work from home? After migrating to Office365 there seems to be little reason not to be able to telecommute. Everything we do from SharePoint to Azure is accessible off site and our dev team has been moved out of corporate headquarters so we aren't even "in the office", yet we still can't get a work from home policy
- Salary Range for Office 365 Engineer? Just wondering if anybody has ranges for an Office 365 Engineer Azure, Skype, and everything on-between. This would be for the midwest.
- Home router for lab I'm building up my home lab and trying to connect to my MSDN Azure network. I've previously used Windows RRAS but wanted to move to a small office type router. Ideally I'd like something that I can make my kids proxy through for their Internet. Anyone have any suggestions for a VPN router that co