- Data Science at Bloomberg I got an offer from Bloomberg and I'm interested working in Data Science/ML related fields. How can I get a team in such fields? Offer: new-grad software engineer 131.5k base + 10k relocation for 2 years + 13.5k bonus
- Data Scientist at Bloomberg Potential Commit What's it like? Are there publication opportunities? What is the team like? Compensation? Work life balance?
- Data Scientist at Bloomberg Curious to know the TC range.
- Build up more data-oriented career at Bloomberg for new grad? Hi, I just received entry-level software engineer offer at Bloomberg. One big reason I like BB is I assume they deal with lots of financial data, and actually I do have experiences and passion for data analysis and machine learning. So I'm wondering about the possibility of data-oriented the caree
- Referrals pls (Uber, Lyft, Airbnb, Goldman, Bloomberg, Affirm) Seeing lots of these on blind, figured I'd try too... Looking for referrals @ Uber, Lyft, Airbnb, Affirm, Bloomberg, Goldman Sachs, PayPal/Venmo Interested in software, data science, ML
- Market Data Analyst Interview Prep I have an upcoming recorded screening with Bloomberg for a market data analyst position. What kind of questions should I expect?
- vote Bloomberg NY vs NJ My friend just got a new grad SWE offer from Bloomberg. He is interested in ML , AI and Big data technologies. He has the choice between New York and Princeton offices. Any inputs for what he should consider ?
- Oracle vs Bloomberg for fresh grad The Oracle offer is in Redwood Shores, CA and Bloomberg offer is in NY. Compensation is comparable. In Oracle, the team is Data Integration Cloud, while the team will be decided later in Bloomberg after training. Which of the two companies is a good fit for a fresh graduate based on work and career
- Negotiating salary after accepting an offer I accepted an offer from Bloomberg a few months back. I was not aware of nyc taxes, cost of living and TC offered by other companies at that time. How can I ask them to increase salary? Is there any risk of rescinding the offer? Also, should I prefer audible data engineer over Bloomberg sde?
- Bloomberg: what is an entry level software engineer ? My brother saw a posting for Entry level software engineer at Bloomberg London & is interested. He needs some data points, so we are hoping someone here will be able to help. 1) is this equivalent to SWE1 at other companies ? Would it be a downlevel for someone with ~2.5 yoe ? 2) What's the median
- vote 🥇 NYC HQ companies ranking Rank the following companies with a NYC HQ: Bloomberg (private, high base and bonus) Etsy (IPO'd, cool office and product) Flatiron Health (acquired, strong engineering talent) Foursquare (private, interesting data problems with IPO potential) And which ones would you want to work for, if TC was r
- SWE 401(k) match at your company My data points so far: Bloomberg: 50% of your annual contribution, up to $7,750 Microsoft: 50% of your annual contribution, up to the full amount of $9,250 Please post below with your company's annual 401(k) match details. Imo this should be included in TC, since it varies between companies.
- Google finance products and careers Hey guys, Currently working at Bloomberg (largest financial data provider) I feel like Google should be disrupting this space yet Google finance is rudimentary and seems to be shrinking since they removed portfolios. Anyone here has any more vision on this? Are they recruiting and developing this p
- vote Deciding between Bloomberg, Microsoft and series B Bay Area Startup I am a CS Masters graduating in May 2019. Please find details of offers below: Microsoft (Seattle)- 109k base, 0-20% target bonus (any idea on what to expect after 1st year), 100k stocks over 3.5 years, 30.5k (sign-on + relocation) Bloomberg (NYC)- 142k base, 18k target bonus, 30k (sign-on + reloca
- Should I FB..? Thinking about applying to Facebook Data Engineer role. I'm a Data Engineer at Bloomberg for 10 years now, but been looking to get into the Software Engineering side (nontraditional background, majored in Finance in college). Well-versed in OOP in a few languages, data modeling, and of course script
- Good teams in Bloomberg My friend will join Bloomberg in the first week of February. The recruiter told him that there are no training sessions in feb, so he has to pre-train in some team. My friend told the recruiter that he wants to work in ML/NLP/Big Data team, but the recruiter told him that ML/NLP/Big Data teams won't
- Opportunities for a French swe in Canada or France? I will soon graduate from both my French and Canadian CS master (avrg university). No luck with faang so far. I have passed most online code challenges but none lead to a phone interview. So now I am hesitant between staying in Montreal or going back to Paris. Maybe a lead in Bloomberg and Algolia
- Can't get into FAANG, so pick who (list below)? I really cannot-make-it. Looks like the only offers I will be getting are not FAANG, not even FAANG-like, e.g. MSFT. Position is Data/Research scientist doing real ML and DL work, not SQL monkey. Still interviewing. Have offers for some, others just finished on-site and was good. Will prob get ful
- Tier rankings for the tech companies If you have problems with discussing tiers, then GTFO of this post. These rankings are based off the data points from other tier blind posts, If you think these rankings are off, then please comment with your own rankings. Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on r
- link Yet another data point about the housing It's getting fun to watch the deniers come up with excuses for every data. * This is seasonal. * This does not apply to Bay area * This time it's different * It's supply constrained, not an indicator of market softening Any others? New-home sales declined at a faster-than-expected pace in Sept
- Uber Amsterdam salary I’m looking into different companies at the moment (Atlassian, Uber, FB, Bloomberg) Right now I want to know what salary I would be realistically looking at working at Uber in Amsterdam. I know Europe salaries are notoriously lower than those in US so I’m trying to see where I stand. Seeing as I’d
- Need Referrals for New Grad Computer Science Hey everybody, I am currently pursuing a Masters in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota. Will be graduating in May of this year (2019) and I am currently looking for a job after that! I have been doing Leetcode since about 3 months now (~400 questions in) I can send resume + pro
- Comments on Mark's testifying before congress Watching live via Bloomberg now. The camera is on Mark non-stop but I wish it would show the senators asking the questions too... There were alot of good questions from Congress but some of these senator were asking dumb ass questions that shows their lack of understanding Facebook and other tech
- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- Sharing a lot of information from my recent interviews (Google, Amazon, Microsoft, etc) Since I am going to delete Blind soon, thought I would share offer details to give back to the community before I left. I got some help on here about interviews, negotiations and team selection, so I hope this info is useful to someone. The information is from a few months ago. Some background info