- Microsoft vs. IBM on resume Would Microsoft have more weight than IBM on the resume for a PM position at FAANG?
- vote IBM vs Salesforce: resume brand and TC which company is better for resume brand and TC growth
- Recruiters thoughts #IBM At this point, I know engineers think about IBM, and working there. But I've been wondering what recruiters thoughts are when seeing IBM on a developer's resume.
- Urgent!! Can I hide the fact that I'm currently pursuing a job? Recently graduated and joined IBM. But looking for other opportunities. Can I say that I don't have a job right now to any hiring manager? I've not put my new job on my resume yet. Please share your thoughts. Thanks
- Referral Tired of IBM. Looking for a referral to google, Facebook, salesforce, nvidia, or apple. DM/PM me please. Will be okay with possibly setting up some time to speak over the phone or I can send you my resume.
- Company Brand for career progression I know my current company Cloudera is not it once was when I joined in the early 2010s. In terms of resume, FANG experience will definitly be an upgrade. My question is: is Cloudera considered so sub-par now that even companies like Msft, Oracle, IBM or Cisco would be considered an upgrade for the r
- Facebook referral I graduated in May and started ibm but I have been preparing for interviews for one year already did topcoder, leetcode and codeforces and am very strong in algorithms but I never got replied for interviews my resume probably got lost somewhere, someone at blind took my resume for referral and there
- Facebook recruiting I'm graduating soon and I've been applying to different companies. One thing I noticed is that I got interviews with Google, Microsoft, and IBM, but I never heard back from facebook. I'm also not hearing back from small local companies. I try to fit my resume into the job descriptions but I can't fi
- IBM sued over age discrimination https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-17/ibm-is-being-sued-for-age-discrimination-after-firing-thousands Personally impacted by this every time a recruiter scans my profile or resume. As if older engineers stop learning (they don't). Companies are laying off more expensive genXers in favo
- Tier rankings for the tech companies If you have problems with discussing tiers, then GTFO of this post. These rankings are based off the data points from other tier blind posts, If you think these rankings are off, then please comment with your own rankings. Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on r
- Tier rankings for tech companies in the Bay Area Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on resume, people have starry eyes when you tell them where you work at Tier 0: Be your own boss Tier 1: FNG Tier 2: Apple, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft, Linkedin Tier 3: Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, Pinterest, Slack, Snap, Dropbox, Robinh
- Rate your company’s reputation/brand/prestige? All the tech company tier lists I’ve seen seem kind of shitty, so what do employees think about their current company’s prestige in terms of the brand name looking good on the resume or good reputation for having the best engineering talent? Please rate your company’s prestige from 1 to 4, 1 being
- Need Referrals for New Grad Computer Science Hey everybody, I am currently pursuing a Masters in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota. Will be graduating in May of this year (2019) and I am currently looking for a job after that! I have been doing Leetcode since about 3 months now (~400 questions in) I can send resume + pro
- Working IT Call Centers I've been working in a call center for ~3 years and I know a few people who have been working through two company buyouts who have been at the same location and job for 20 years through many pay freezes. I want a more technical postition than level 1 - follow our empty knowledge base. I've been work