- Continuous layoffs in tech. Has recession begun? I'm hearing reports about layoffs at Oracle OCI, Cisco, SAP, Tesla, Facebook, Lyft, Verizon Media and other tech companies. This is despite the huge tax breaks and tax windfalls that tech companies received last year. Does this mean that recession has already begun?
- Huge difference between FB etc & Google - I Recently I interviewed at some of the top paying companies and I got rejected by almost all, here is my experience. I am not sad because I faced interview on my own terms and was willing to wait for another year/ goto tier-2 or so instead of compromising. I am 15 years exp, domain expert in my doma
- How are the joining bonuses taxed in Cisco ? IRS has 2 methods - 25% flat tax reduction under supplimental wages or an aggregate method that that adds with regular paycheck that charges more than this. Which method does cisco use for taxing ?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- What companies will consider me for PM? I graduated in 2016 and am SDE2 at an SF tech company (not Cisco, a little better). I have built features on my own, started a business in college that had 5-figure revenue, also done (somewhat) substantial side projects. I want to transition into PM at FANG or a unicorn, but my CS degree (bachelor
- How is espp taxed? Cisco actually gives all the espp at the end of 6 months. I have read somewhere if you sell stock after more than a year you are taxed half . So my question is if you want to avail that tax exemption should you sell it after 1 year when it gets deposited like after 6 months?