- High Deductible vs PPO? I was on PPO last year with UHC and had a 500 Deductible. My last year stats - Total billed - 2000 Out of pocket - 635 Thinking of switching to High Deductible plan. It has a 2k deductible and HSA account where Cisco puts in 600. I am planning to put 1400 pre tax ~ (860 post tax) into HSA to buffer
- Do I owe taxes? I started a business about 2 years ago. And now it brings a steady profit of about $2k to $2500 every month after I pay employees and expenses. This business is based outside the United States and all the money gets paid into my Lloyds bank, then I do a transfer into my Chase. Because the business
- Continuous layoffs in tech. Has recession begun? I'm hearing reports about layoffs at Oracle OCI, Cisco, SAP, Tesla, Facebook, Lyft, Verizon Media and other tech companies. This is despite the huge tax breaks and tax windfalls that tech companies received last year. Does this mean that recession has already begun?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Huge difference between FB etc & Google - I Recently I interviewed at some of the top paying companies and I got rejected by almost all, here is my experience. I am not sad because I faced interview on my own terms and was willing to wait for another year/ goto tier-2 or so instead of compromising. I am 15 years exp, domain expert in my doma
- How are the joining bonuses taxed in Cisco ? IRS has 2 methods - 25% flat tax reduction under supplimental wages or an aggregate method that that adds with regular paycheck that charges more than this. Which method does cisco use for taxing ?
- What companies will consider me for PM? I graduated in 2016 and am SDE2 at an SF tech company (not Cisco, a little better). I have built features on my own, started a business in college that had 5-figure revenue, also done (somewhat) substantial side projects. I want to transition into PM at FANG or a unicorn, but my CS degree (bachelor
- How is espp taxed? Cisco actually gives all the espp at the end of 6 months. I have read somewhere if you sell stock after more than a year you are taxed half . So my question is if you want to avail that tax exemption should you sell it after 1 year when it gets deposited like after 6 months?