- What next after Google Thinking of changing job if some other company can offer better compensation and career growth. Some options look like: AirBnB, Netflix, Uber, Square. L4 YOE: 2 years TC: 230K Edit (adding some more context): Work is good at Google and so is WLB. I have learnt a lot from the senior members in the
- Referal to Engineering Leadership roles seeking referrals to engineering leadership roles. Homestly getting calls has been harder than the preparation. 1. Currently a sr director with a reputed tech consulting company 2. consistent growth/promotion pattern over last 8 yrs 3. 6 yrs of people management, with 3+ yrs of managing managers/s
- Comp Expectations if I leave Google? L5 SWE at Google. 3.5 YOE, just got promoted. TC 305. Just wondering how much above (if at all) my current TC/sign-on I can expect if I interviewed at Uber, Facebook, Coinbase, Square, etc.
and industry lounge.
- L64 at MSFT, have GOOG L5 Offer, need advise I have been stuck at L64 at MSFT for 3 yrs. I have been performing better than some of the L65’s and keep getting promises from mgmt to get promoted but no result. I discussed this with my mgmt and my manager, and GM both tell me that only way to accelerate the move up is to get external job offer.
- Square L5 switch to manager? Considering joining Square as software engineer L5. How long before I can typically transition to Eng management ? Is it possible to make the transition at L5 or do I need to get promoted to L6? Current TC -265k
- SADFANGLUST companies with SWE forced attrition We all know that Amazon has a forced attrition policy of cutting the bottom 6% of engineers, and that one of them attempted suicide recently. Which of the following companies have a similar policy of terminating a certain percentage of engineers in cycles, or once someone has been at a certain leve
- Non tech position Promotion What is the speed of promotion for non-tech roles? Which of the following companies is the best for promotion/career growth in a non-tech role? - Square - Apple - Dropbox - Uber - Airbnb - Facebook - Twitter - Amazon
- Applying to AirBnB 1.5YOE AirBnB has on their application page that applicants with less than 2 years of full-time experience should apply in the New Grad pipeline. I’m at about a year and a half and have been promoted once already in my current role. Would going through New Grad pipeline for AirBnB put me back at square o