- link CMV: There should be a regulation against money losing IPOs Tldr: Loss making IPOs - specially B2C - are a wealth transfer mechanism from the 99.99% to the 0.01% and YOU are an unwilling participant Long version: Zynga, Snap, Groupon, Gopro, Fitbit, Blue Apron.. All loss making unicorns that are currently trading below IPO price. Let’s ask outselves: Who h
- Common Blind abbreviations AI - Artificial Intelligence AMZN - Amazon AWS - Amazon Web Services BI - Business Intelligence BIE - BI Engineer BS - Bachelor of Science or bullshit DE - Data Engineer DS - Data Scientist EE - Electrical Engineering or Enterprise Engineering EM - Engineering Manager FANG - Facebook, Amazon, Netfli
- Evaluate Google T4 offer (Sea/Kirkland) Base 145k Stocks 300k / 4 yrs Target Bonus 15% Sign-on 50k Years of experience 8 Sde2 @amzn aws, current TC 230k How is the offer, meh?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Google offer negotiation I have offer from Uber (Senior SWE ~TC 380K) and LinkedIn(Senior ~TC 310K) . Oracle (Senior ~TC 290K) Lyft T5 - ~370K Unfortunately did not clear Facebook. Currently SDE 2 at Amzn AWS Seattle at around 260K(top of the band). Might become around 270ish this April. Total work ex around 8.5 years. J
- Compass Senior SWE Offer Eval Location: NYC Base: 145k Equity: 175k Sign: 30k Perf bonus: up to 100k Competing with a Seattle AWS SDE2 offer for 245k TC Yoe: 5 This compass TC almost seems too good to be true to me. The AWS offer is solid, amazon is established, and AMZN shares are good for their worth. Thoughts? Is Compass i
- TC for SDE-2 (YoE 5.5) moving from India (HYD) to Seattle Current TC (Total YoE 5.5. Been with AMZN since 13 months) = ~ 34L - Base 22.5L - Sign-on 1st year : 10.5L - RSUs : 1 (25 RSUs vested over 4 years) Discussing with few teams (aws/alexa) in Seattle. How much TC I should look for ? Will there be a room for negotiation (because current TC is on the lo
- Upcoming FB interview - suggestions? I’m an L7 @ AMZN (AWS). TC = $500K. I have an on-site coming up at FB (could be for M1 or M2). Need some help from fellow Blinders - 1. What’s the difference in the loop between M1 and M2? How would I know if I’m being evaluated for an M2 position or M1? 2. What type of coding questions should I p
- How is the culture of aws teams? I am looking to interview with aws. I heard amzn culture depends a lot on the teams. How is the work life balance and culture of the following aws teams? Iot analytics, lambda and sagemaker?
- MS(azure government contracts) vs AMZN (AWS government contracts) So MS recruiters are chasing me down (currently with AWS). Im getting pretty disenchanted with AWS - and have been thinking about shopping MS - but have heard fro a couple people who have left AWS and gone to Azure and come back saying that MS is 'horrible' I'd 'hate life' there. But I'm getting
- AMZN interview loop Got on-site at AMZN 4 AWS. I have 6 interview(3 coding, 1 design and 2 behavior) and a lunch break/interview. Is this normal ? And has the pay got better ? Last time at Google I had 5 interview including lunch. At FB it was 6 interview including lunch.
- Working on Amazon subsidiaries experiences Hi all. I'm looking for a AWS position on Amazon Brazil and, coming from MS, would love to know opinions about cultural differences, benefits, etc, specifically for subsidiaries, which tend to differ from those of Seattle/Redmond respectively. For ex. One of the things that worries me is that NYT a
- How critical is cloud experience to managing a cloud sales team? I have a very strong sales management background(Director @ Amzn on marketplace team) and am certified in AWS (practitioner) but have never actually sold cloud product as an IC. Total deal breaker? Interviewing at google and two later stage cloud startups soon. I’m of the opinion that sales managem