- IBM or Samsung Hey, I'd like to hear from the blind community for making a choice between IBM and Samsung. Here are the details: IBM : entry-level data scientist position , Austin, TX Base: 110k, 11k joining bonus that's it! Samsung Research America: NLP software engineer, interned there. The work involved more
- IBM or a Healthcare org? I have competing offers from IBM security and another from a healthcare org. IBM base: ~100K +benefits (permanent position) Other: ~160 K + crappy health insurance(contract position) I would love to be in the security domain but the work at the healthcare org would be more challenging (rewarding).
- SDE1 Offer at Amazon Seattle, am I getting lowballed? Almost 2 YOE Base - 115k Year 1 bonus - 25k Year 2 bonus 20k Stocks 50 RSU Can I negotiate more? Or not? Currently at around 140k base at IBM but no other perks. Any suggestions appreciated. Edit: By low balled I mean in terms of TC , and not the SDE I role itself.
- Nutanix MTS 6+ yr experience - Compensation to expect ? * My background: 6+ yrs experience (Oracle - 2 teams) + 3 yrs experience at IBM, Oracle at India. * Interviewed with - Prism team @Nutanix yesterday. * I feel it went well. Any advice on how much TC (base+RSU) I should expect ? Thanks in advance.
- Good offer for SDE1 at Amazon? 118k base 15k signing on first year first month 12k over second year every month Initial Restricted Stock Grant: 21shares Initial Restricted Stock Vest: 5% first year, 15% second year, 20% every 6 month year 3 and 4 How do you negotiate a better offer if not good? Moving from IBM to Amazon
- Evaluate offers - Yahoo vs Sam's club tech Sam's club tech(Walmart e-commerce): Team which is rebuilding e-commerce platform from scratch - I see a good potential here. 145K base 16% annual bonus 15k joining bonus Relo - reimbursement up to 15k Yahoo/Oath: Yahoo answers/ Inbox commerce team 135k base 10% annual bonus 10k sign on Relo : up
- Sam's tech/Walmart e-commerce offer Hi guys, I've decided to move out of my current job with IBM (<1 yr after master's). I've cleared the interview of Sam's club.com team and had a call with recruiter regarding the offer. Here are the details of the offer. Base: hasn't been revealed but I was told that we offer a minimum of 110k$ in
- Google on-site SWE track: cloud or general? Hi, I passed my phone interview recently and have been asked by my Google sourcer about which track I want to go ahead with for SWE onsite. I am considering general and Cloud, but I am not able to decide. I have some cloud background and two published papers in the field. But I am not really like an
- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- Working IT Call Centers I've been working in a call center for ~3 years and I know a few people who have been working through two company buyouts who have been at the same location and job for 20 years through many pay freezes. I want a more technical postition than level 1 - follow our empty knowledge base. I've been work