- Should I join a post Series B startup I have three offers Dropbox, SF - TC ~450K as an EM AutoDesk, SF - TC ~230K as an EM Startup, LA - TC ~180K (plus 100K equity/year) as a Dir of Eng. Now I am mostly lingering between Dropbox or the start up. Even though the start up is paying less cash their equity is pretty decent with a good up
- Start up equity comp model For early stage start up equity compensation, is it common for start ups to ask their employees to invest money in the company to get shares as supposed to just giving shares of their company as compensation? By “early” I mean seed or series A with 10 people or less.
- Fair Compensation I am entering my full first year of working for a startup as a salaried employee. Initially I was hired to do back end Ruby on Rails work while I completed college... now that I am graduated, the company let some contractors go and now I am also responsible for all our dev ops on top of back end dev
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Start up offer & equity help Thinking about joining a start up (already secured Series A funding by a reputable VC) for a SaaS product for Enterprises. I'd be employee #18 and the only employee who has subject matter expert in the industry we are targeting. I am not a developer, I'd be on the business side. I'm being offered $
- Startup Compensation help Currently work at a FANG and am exploring an opportunity with later stage start up with 4 hundred or so employees. Company is generating positive editda and well funded. I am sure that the hiring manager or hr is going to bring up expected comp in next convo before we get too far along and I have n
- Strange interview experience This has been bothering me for a while, thought I’d share it here. I was reached out by a recruiter from an early stage crypto startup - GM role for a region. I went through the process - screening > round with hiring manager > exercise (apparently they loved the deck I made) > next 2 rounds w/ Hea
- Maximizing equity value / net worth Most smart people in tech tell you to value your equity at $0 if you're at an early stage start up and only take the job if you're okay with that outcome. My question is if you wanted to make a career of working in start ups how would you maximize your net worth? Anything is on the table. What sta
- Appraisals at startups in the valley Anyone here knows how early-stage start ups (Post Series B to Series D) start ups in the valley do appraisals? Is it yearly, just like bigger companies? Or after every funding round? Or you just have to ask for it? And, will the appraisals involve only equity or some cash too? Anyone with first han
- Best time to join Is it best to join a new company at the very start, very end or middle of the companies performance cycle when reviews are done? What about equity top-ups?