- What are your monthly household expenses? Curious how mine stacks up with others. Add your status. Me, wife, kid. Mortgage/ins/prop tax: 3400 Car payment: 300 Fuel: 200 Preschool: 1400 Groceries: 400 Water/gas/elect/trash: 250 Phone/cable/internet: 250 Misc-eating out, etc: 300 About 6500/month. Im barely getting by.
- Leave Tech Lead Position and NYC for Amazon L4 Interviewed for L5 at Amazon, and I got placed at L4 in Seattle. I’m currently a tech lead for a large insurance company and am curious if it’s in my best interest to take a position two levels down from my current(tech lead -> senior eng -> eng(L4)). The position would require me to move to Seattle
- 75k vs 110k with temporary sacrifice One year of experience 75k salary in a high cost of living city. Rent is about $1300. I have a computer science degree working as a full stack developer. I know I am not getting paid enough for what I do but this was only offer I had at the time. Got an offer $110,000. Cost of living is significan
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Want to emigrate from Luxembourg to USA, what to do? I'm a Python/Java/JS developer working with one of Europe's largest bank. Europe has high taxes, mediocre pay but very high quality of life, holidays and ease of living. But my ambition is money and I'm willing to sacrifice my european lifestyle. Background: I'm an asian with Luxembourg residence p
- Where to go in NYC? Need an advice on where to go in the NYC area. Just got work authorization, currently to the south from NYC, current TC=base=157k (no bonuses/equity/etc). Looking to move to NYC. 10yoe, been everywhere from QA to backend dev to full stack to devops to engineering manager. Really good at thee devopsy
- vote Verily reinterview I passed Verily interview, amazing recruiter, matched to a great team, offer was negotiated and extended to me online, and I was ready to sign, but I decided to sign Microsoft's offer at the end, it was a hard decision. To be honest, I do feel a bit regret. The team is great, no legacy code, great
- Netflix options taxation question So if i dedicate a portion of my salary towards options and down the line move to a state with no state income tax before i cash the options out do i need to pay california stack income tax on the cap gains? Thanks!