- Google vs Amazon Alexa AI vs Uber Freight vs Microsoft Got offers from those 4 companies. Advice needed. PhD 2.5 yoe with some ML background. Google L4, MTV, still matching the team. Potential teams Google ads infra, cloud data center supply chain optimization, still exploring more. Amazon Alexa AI, Boston, Applied Scientist L4 (interviewing for L5,
- Failed Amazon on-site interview, but couldn't get even general feedback why. Ideas for improvement? Sorry in advance for the long post. I've tried to organize it from most to least relevant. Had an on site for Sr. Software Engineer in Alexa group. The recruiter informed me that it was "very close" and they "really enjoyed talking to me" and they would contact me again in the future, but probabl
- Should I quit my Amazon job to find a new job? TC 180 I work for Alexa team in Amazon - Bay area. Every single person in my team works till 7.30pm(they come in at 9.30) half my team is present till 9pm on daily basis. i feel extreemly hungry every evening, but company provides no food. People who are taking the day off still reply for emails
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Austin Good Software Compaines Hi Blinders, I have 2 YOE and TC is 92k at a relatively small town in Texas. Have side project on Github with more than 800 stars(I know this is useless when it comes to finding a job). Been LC really hard also. I am looking for software companies in Austin which pay good. I have applied to: 1. Re
- CS new grad looking at career progression Looking for advice on my first job that will help with my overall career progression. I have a couple offers: - Accenture as a tech analyst (consulting) - State Farm on the AI team (SWE) I was wondering which position would look better when I apply to for future AI/NLP related positions. As a CS
- Rejected after on-site round at Amazon, no feedback given and recruiter says feel free to apply to other jobs at amazon Recently went through an on-site round of amazon Alexa and after that recruiter emailed me that they won’t be moving forward. But didn’t mention about cooling period(6 months) and said that my application would be in system for other hiring managers and recruiters for consideration. Recruiter even m
- vote Holding tech execs accountable Should we start trying executives of powerful tech companies for crimes when they don't deliver? For example, Tim Cook has run Apple into the ground by not delivering a single innovative product since Steve Jobs died. Even worse, the company hasn't even kept par on industry standard functionality (l
- Alexa AI (intelligent decisions team) vs. Google applicatons engineer vs Micorosft cosine . Which one you would take ? Assume both base pay and sign on bonus are same. Though the job as AE is less sexy, I feel Google brand is good and I can learn a lot by going through their mono repo, let it be their internal review tool or NLP or ML projects. 0) If I contribute to other team projects during weekends , can I becom
- referrals for boston/cambridge companies? I am currently working in academia (phd in physics) but have been finding jobs in tech industry. Can anyone offer referrals for companies in Boston/Cambridge area? Since I am "new" to the software engineering, non-startups seem to be more suitable (?). I have done side projects in ML / webapp (aws
- should I stay in Amazon or out for new opportunities? Hey folks, I worked in Amazon for around 3 years after graduation.Promoted half an year ago in Alexa.(now L5). The org I worked on has an huge reorganization and all past 3 months I am doing some ops work. Feel really boring about current status and it’s not good for my long term growth, it’s for
- It’s Time to Move to Amazon, but How? I want to work for Amazon as a TPM, and I’d like to transition ASAP. I am a 61 PM in MS, few years out of college. My problem: I’ve applied to many positions in Amazon without a phone screen coming my way. I’ve also reached out directly to many recruiters via LinkedIn, who don’t answer at all. I a
- Amazon Alexa team in Boston Does anyone know about the Alexa team in Boston/Kendall SQ? How big is the team working on Alexa and why are they there? Thinking of moving for the job.
- Remote Amazon jobs? I'm curious if there are any remote jobs available working with Alexa at Amazon.
- Amazon Global Selling team & payments team I am not actively looking for job but open for interviewing if something interesting comes up. Was reached by Amazon recruiter couple of times for - 1. Amazon Global Selling team (recent) 2. Amazon Payments team 3. Alexa shopping team I am in Bay Area but all 3 are in Seattle. Are these teams inte
- General SDE? Or SDE with a expertise in a certain Area (cloud computing for example)? I’m an SDE in Alexa. My work focuses on building ML platforms and support scientists. The job is not fun. I want to move to AWS. Should I dive deeper into clastic computing and become an expert in the area? Or just be a general SDE?