- Ghosting my job - Starting a new job without quitting So I work for a small startup in CA (no longer with Yahoo) and executive management has lied to us, ignores our technical suggestions and blames us when their ideas break things, and I’m pretty sure has commited investor and client fraud. All of engineering is leaving, but they have no clue, YET.
- vote Wait to get laid off or bounce? So our CEO is about to get a golden parachute to GTFO apparently and there’s talk that there are going to be even more layoffs. Should I peace out before more layoffs? I assume I’d get severance, but this is my first job out of college, so I could be wrong. Also, with Verizon now slamming together Y
- 50 possible still I have held many roles and positions (from startup CEO , but mostly a software engineer at some known startups and known big companies) Lived in SV 12 years while at Sun and Yahoo and few startups. Would anyone hire a 51 year old to just be a senior engineer anymore? I just like to Code, sans bull,
and industry lounge.
- link SIPC says Robinhood's 3% checking account not insured by them Robinhood’s launch of checking accounts with 3% interest is a disaster “Every Robinhood account is SIPC insured up to $250,000 in cash.” To put this in perspective, Betterment’s cash-like option (the account consists of Treasuries) pays 2.09% and does not claim to be insured by the Federal Deposit
- link Verizon officially dumps the Oath name for its media group https://www.fiercevideo.com/video/verizon-officially-dumps-oath-name-for-its-media-group?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWmpGbVpERmhaamszTXpRMSIsInQiOiJWV01nd2pHaW51XC9DdWc1S1FqYWh5WEVWXC96QTNHR0dFUUFicFN1OWhKWHQ5WmFETXl1dzloZXBHVHdJV0tldFBBaDd1R3BYUFBFNWM4TE91XC93NGNwY0xrNFpVYVcyQWpBeldJUFROSDMzTGR1eldNV2xza2pNTHp
- link CISCO : Not stereotyping. https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2018/09/04/cisco-sues-former-employee-20-others-for-self.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/03/h-1b-fraud-indian-ceo-in-u-s-may-have-brought-in-nearly-200-foreign-workers-feds/
- Meg Whitman to Uber Yahoo finance reports Meg as one of the leading candidates for Uber CEO. Hmmmm, interesting. Could it mean that a Buyout of HPE by a PE firm is just around the corner??