- vote Wait to get laid off or bounce? So our CEO is about to get a golden parachute to GTFO apparently and there’s talk that there are going to be even more layoffs. Should I peace out before more layoffs? I assume I’d get severance, but this is my first job out of college, so I could be wrong. Also, with Verizon now slamming together Y
- 50 possible still I have held many roles and positions (from startup CEO , but mostly a software engineer at some known startups and known big companies) Lived in SV 12 years while at Sun and Yahoo and few startups. Would anyone hire a 51 year old to just be a senior engineer anymore? I just like to Code, sans bull,
- link SIPC says Robinhood's 3% checking account not insured by them Robinhood’s launch of checking accounts with 3% interest is a disaster “Every Robinhood account is SIPC insured up to $250,000 in cash.” To put this in perspective, Betterment’s cash-like option (the account consists of Treasuries) pays 2.09% and does not claim to be insured by the Federal Deposit
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link Verizon officially dumps the Oath name for its media group https://www.fiercevideo.com/video/verizon-officially-dumps-oath-name-for-its-media-group?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWmpGbVpERmhaamszTXpRMSIsInQiOiJWV01nd2pHaW51XC9DdWc1S1FqYWh5WEVWXC96QTNHR0dFUUFicFN1OWhKWHQ5WmFETXl1dzloZXBHVHdJV0tldFBBaDd1R3BYUFBFNWM4TE91XC93NGNwY0xrNFpVYVcyQWpBeldJUFROSDMzTGR1eldNV2xza2pNTHp
- link CISCO : Not stereotyping. https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2018/09/04/cisco-sues-former-employee-20-others-for-self.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/03/h-1b-fraud-indian-ceo-in-u-s-may-have-brought-in-nearly-200-foreign-workers-feds/
- Meg Whitman to Uber Yahoo finance reports Meg as one of the leading candidates for Uber CEO. Hmmmm, interesting. Could it mean that a Buyout of HPE by a PE firm is just around the corner??