- Netflix compensation by skills It seems like Netflix compensation can vary greatly depending on the skills, even for engineers with the same exact years of experience and performance. Can folks who work/ed at Neflix comment or pm me with their specialty and a tc range? Especially if you come from Facebook with a php/hack backgro
- Is Hack Reactor worth it? Is Hack Reactor really worth it? Personally, I wouldn’t mind self-teaching myself but I would lack the structure of what to learn vs. what not to learn or building the correct foundation, etc. I do like Hack Reactors stack though. Would prefer to hear from some HR alumni or personal interactions
- too much “startups” is affecting my career options I’ve been the last ~8 years working in early stage small startups mostly as fullstack, building MVPs, helping on finding product-market fit quickly by fast hacks (barely changing my tech stack so I can move fast), and all that jazz. Now that I need a real and stable salary, I’ve started to look into
and industry lounge.
- Maximize callbacks? Anyone have tips on how to maximize call backs? I’m sitting at a 1% ratio with 300 applications and 3 responses. I just hacked together a full stack project using Java Spring Boot and React to slap on my resume. I have 2 YOE in Python Web Development and Automation. Any other suggestions?
- Why are open source google projects hard to pick up? I’ve heard countless stories of folks giving up on learning Kubernetes, because there’s simply too many abstractions. Same thing for when Angular V1 rolled out, and probably why Angular lost to React and Vue. Are the rest of us outside Google all unintelligent or are Google’s open source projects o
- FB Hack Does a partially statically typed language work in practice? Are FBers happy with Hack? How much PHP is there running around vs Hack code? I know Instagram is primarily Python - how about other products? Do they have different stacks?
- Entry level eng roles in NYC Looking for some entry level software eng roles in NYC. What are some good team that will take in some non-CS grads. Know the node stack with sql/nosql and learning python but it’s not on my resume. Coming from sales role @ uber who went to a hack reactor
- Lamda school alternative for Growth Marketers ? So growth marketing and growth hacking could easily work remotely to execute campaigns for any brand or startup. How about we train people for free on growth marketing ( full stack ) for 3 months for free and help them to get remote jobs for about 30-60K based on experience and take a cut of 15-17%