- From quant to FAANG Hi Blind I am a quant trader in the front office department of a hedge fund. I started my career at Bloomberg in NYC and then quickly moved to hedge funds, specifically Citadel in Chicago and now another boutique hedge fund here. I have a PhD in physics with lots of statistics experience, but I’ve
- link Is this a joke? You can't be serious Just saw this ad for a startup fund raising campaign on Bloomberg. It so incredibly reeks of over-the-top unicorn riding silicon valley BS that I'm left speechless. Has the world gone cuckoo? Steve Jobs's reality distortion field got magnified 100 times? Someone pinch me please. https://www.knights
- link The answer to every “how to invest” question ever. I keep seeing this come up over and over again. Blind is good for comparing salaries, not the best place for a nuanced discussion of a complex topic. Here are the top 2 resources for learning about investing in all categories: Websites: Bogleheads wiki Bogleheads forum Newsletters: Capital Minded
and industry lounge.
- Workstation at Bloomberg How are the workstations at Bloomberg for software engineers. Do they invest in IDE for developers and good monitors, keyboards etc
- Does working in Bloomberg as a SE helps you invest better? My dream is to be FIRE or FI as early as possible. To do so investment is important. Salary is O(n), investment is O(c^n). Therefore I hope to work in Bloomberg so I can use the Bloomberg terminal for free and learn more finance during work time. Does it make sense? For people in Bloomberg, do you r
- link Will Uber sell it's South East Asian business to Grab? Grab’s $2 billion fundraising, announced on Monday and led by SoftBank, has changed the ride-hailing game in that region, giving the Singapore-based firm what may be an unassailable advantage. Uber may have to consider selling its assets to Grab. That is an enormous turnaround on the situation for