- Making extra money on H1b visa Hey all, I'm on my h1b non immigration visa and after doing some research I found out it sucks being on H1B. I literally can't do anything except my job. No way to earn extra money. Can't do anything that generates revenue. Something as simple as driving an uber/ selling my photographs/writing a
- link Fake news trying a shakedown 1. Get MSM cronies like Masa do a hit job based on no data but anecdotes of someone who’ll generate identity based sympathy. 2. Run a NYT cover story that YouTube is radicalizing people based on no data and anecdote of one person. 3. Shakedown google and demand journos deserve a cut of their news
- vote An Algorithm that costs Alphabet $70B in market cap Could be a clickbait article  but I think Youtube did the right thing by updating their algorithm to reduce “borderline” contents , at the cost of declining in clickthrough rate. Do you agree with Youtube’s decision?  https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/04/30/youtube-algorithm-changes-negativel
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Why Google’s so greedy? (YouTube) Ok, so I’ve been using ad blocker for the last few years and haven’t noticed how many video ads are showing up now. Looks like they are putting ads before each video and some of them are 30 secs long and you cannot skip them (like wtf?). For longer videos they put multiple ads interrupting the video
- Does anyone believe ad products actually work? Here’s my take on digital advertising after 10+ years in the industry and having worked at Google, Snap, and in the agency world. I’ve personally spent hundreds of millions of dollars throughout my career. ———————————————————— -Attribution is still absolute dog crap. No one knows how to properly
- link Verizon officially dumps the Oath name for its media group https://www.fiercevideo.com/video/verizon-officially-dumps-oath-name-for-its-media-group?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWmpGbVpERmhaamszTXpRMSIsInQiOiJWV01nd2pHaW51XC9DdWc1S1FqYWh5WEVWXC96QTNHR0dFUUFicFN1OWhKWHQ5WmFETXl1dzloZXBHVHdJV0tldFBBaDd1R3BYUFBFNWM4TE91XC93NGNwY0xrNFpVYVcyQWpBeldJUFROSDMzTGR1eldNV2xza2pNTHp
- Amazon AWS hiring process. End of youtuber life? Hi everyone, I’m in the interview process with AWS and I was wondering what will happen to my YouTube channel where I teach/evangelize AWS. It’s generating some revenue and has been making impact on viewers. I get messages regularly thanking for the content and asking more. Will AWS ask to shut my c
- How does it impact IT companies when recession kicks off Amazon: e-commerce revenue could decrease, consumers focus on life essentials and become more price sensitive, AWS growth may slow down What do you think of Amazon, Google, Facebook, Netflix, Uber, Lyft, Microsoft etc in recessions? Which company can do even better during recessions? YouTube, Face
- How much money can you make off of a Blog and or podcasts? I've seen countless videos on YouTube for probably the past 9 months now and I'm just wondering if anybody here has had any success having a blog or form of a podcasts of form of a revenue stream.
- OTT (ie AppleTV) ad-based entertainment app shadiness There's a pattern emerging that I need to validate with others. Ad-based video apps seem to have a tendency to continue running when the tv is turned off. Apps that I've observed behaving this way: Crackle (most frequent) YouTube (infrequently) FoxNow (frequent) iTunes (never. Point of reference)